All in one place -- where to find software version numbers

As a new user of a Tablo I have run into quite a few … challenges. Those who have tried to help with the challenges often start by asking “what version number” is this app or that app. And then what turns out is that the term “version number” never appears anywhere in the app screens. Instead I am forced to guess which cryptic string of characters in some obscure part of the user interface happens to be the all-important “version number”. Seems to me that you could provide a knowledge base article or some other resource that would spill the beans on where to find the version number for a given app or device. And that would spill the beans on what is the current version for a given app or device, and when that version was released.

Here is a start.

In the Fire TV stick, go to “settings” and scroll all the way down. The place to find the version number is inside the “HTML application” string. The part of the HTML application string before the hyphen is the Tablo app version number. A typical version number is “1.0.25”. The current version is 1.0.25 and it was released December 2, 2015.

In the Roku stick, use the up arrow to click on “Roku” and then click on “OK”. The place to find the version number is inside the “channel” string. A typical version number is “2.0 build 15”. The current version is 2.0 build 15 and it was released October 23, 2015.

To find out the version number for the Tablo itself, look in “settings” of any of the apps that have “settings”. (This is any app that is not the Roku app.) Scroll all the way down. The place to find the version number is “Tablo device”. A typical version number is 2.2.8. The current version is 2.2.8 and it was released November 19, 2015.

To find out the version of the web app go to my.tablotv.com in your browser and click on ‘Settings’. Scroll down to the bottom. It is listed as ‘HTML Application’ and is currently at version 1.0.24-625. Released Dec 22, 2015