Add a “Reboot” button to the Apps

I used my smart outlet to restart my Tablo last night…it would be nice not needing to buy a 3rd party piece of hardware to accomplish something that the software should have built in.

The real question is why did you have to reboot it?

I think I’ve had to reboot my Tablo 5 times in the over 6 years I’ve owned it, less than once per year.

4 Likes

Because I have a recurring issue with my Tablo where it reports ‘Weak Signal’ when trying to watch live tv…but it’s not a signal issue, it’s a problem with ‘Weak Signal’ being a catch all error message in their code, and Tablo has reported that essentially, not enough people have the problem I have, so they can’t figure out why I’m having it…so I’m stuck rebooting every time I have it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ah sorry to hear that! That would bother me so much where I’d probably swap out all my antenna equipment and wiring to try and solve it, and then even try a new Tablo given the new ones have slightly different internal hardware than the OG ones.

In my case, I have other equipment that I want to run that might cause an issue with Tablo so I want to shut it off when using that equipment. For example, I have a HAM transmitter that can run 1000 watts out. I really don’t like to have the Tablo operating when I’m on the air so I want to be able to turn the Tablo off at least when using the amplifier. I use an Insteon switch and an ISY controller to do that.