About ready for a test drive

OK learning has occurred! So you’re saying a 3 hour game will record for 4.5 hours? What is the definition of a live event? I assume this is meta data supplied by the broadcast but my question is how does that flag get set… Is it a human decision for example

Answer found: the maximum extension is 2 hours.

Glad to hear you got it all working. So more info about the recording features.

Gald to hear that everything is working out well. I can’t answer what the definition of a live event is for Tablo, but every live sporting event I have ever set to record has added 50% recording time. Additionally, all other recordings add an additional 5 minutes I believe.

Glad to hear your out-of-the-box experience has gone well!

Yep. Any events marked ‘live’ in the metadata will get the extended time automatically if you have the flag set on your settings screen.

Yep had a good out of box experience! Well done @tablotv

Gold star to you for doing your research and making sure you had everything in place before jumping in! :star2:

Thank you. After reading up on all the issues people have experienced, I note that my experience was just flat out turnkey. I’ve concluded, as have many others here, that a solid network and antenna setup, and the right disk drive, are the keys to the mint.

2 Likes