A Message from the CEO of Nuvyyo

My system is great as well, though I do wonder if number of channels and/or number of shows recorded makes a significant difference.

I have 8 channels and just 16 recordings (some recordings are multiple seasons while some are just a single episode). Some people here seem to have 50 channels or more, plus 100 different recordings. So the size of the database can be quite different from user to user.

I do see Loading please wait on my wireless Roku 3, but I see that on other Roku apps as well. My Tablo seems to get past it fine, and it likely is caused by having my Tablo set to full 10 Mbps quality. I also mainly use my PC, Rokus, and my Android phone to watch the Tablo.

I do want everyone here to have as good an experience as me. Hopefully the Tablo folks can get it worked out.

1 Like

If it is a database issue, much of the cause can be due to improper metadata coming from the broadcast stations. Field type can be an issue when the wrong data is presented. I know the stations make mistakes, I get numbers of TV shows that come in that have no season or episode just a blanket title that is used over and over for each episode.

Also, I have 47 active stations I record from. I record at least 10 episodes daily as well as a few old movies.

Also, there is at least one station that I record content from that is maybe 1/2 the time mixed up on it’s scheduled content.

Just a few things tablo needs to look at.

-Rodger

Try recording at the 1080p 10Mbs and report back your great success with watching an NFL game 720p/60fps recording.
Then you’ll understand.

1 Like

I did record 2 FB games at 1080 right after 2.2.6 came out and had no real problems with it - stopped a couple of times to buffer. I only have 3 1080 stations and I don’t really see that much improvement in pic and really don’t want to burn that much disk space because we record a lot of shows for later. I just did a quick count and I have right at 400 shows on the disk - 30 min, 1hr and 2hr shows. I really think I am putting the system thru a tough test and I am amazed at the results. Sorry that yours is not working as well, but just don’t understand WHY.

No need for the sarcasm in this conversation.

Exactly the same question I was asking myself until a week or so ago. Now, my Tablo needs to be rebooted on an almost daily basis. Works fine all day, and when I wake up in the morning, I can’t access Tablo, neither by the Chrome web browser now my Roku devices. The guide is no longer downloading automatically either, tho after I do the reboot in the morning, I do an update now and it gets the guide. However, after doing that, the Chrome web browser doesn’t sync correctly, even tho I’m connected and can watch live TV, so I have to disconnect and reconnect in order to force a resync. Nothing from Tablo support other than an automated message when I filled out a support ticket.

Third party software (Tablo Ripper) is able to access Tablo while it’s out to lunch for Chrome and Roku apps, so I know it’s not totally hosed, and a reset brings it back so that it’s good for the rest of the day. I’m toying with the idea of doing a factory reset, and probably will if I don’t hear from the support guys by the end of the week.

Well I will keep my fingers crossed!!! I really think my success to date is due to my network:

Zyxel PK5001Z from CenturyLink on DSL at 5.12Mbps with the radio OFF connected to a 6th Gen Airport Express in bridge mode with a 5th Gen Express on the other side of the house set as extended network. (This is NOT a very high speed dsl but the Airports have been solid on the internal network)

This has worked perfectly for over a year with no problems with Tablo - only when CL drops DSL signal or I do something dumb. Able to watch Tablo on 2 tvs at the same time or Netflix/Amazon + Tablo with no problems. (using 2 Roku 3s and 1 Apple TV + iPad) Once in while I do use my.tablo on Safari and Chrome and they work very well.

xxxx cccc xx cc

Mr. Hall, thank you for your post. I got my Tablo about 2 months ago. I watch via the original Roku channel & program with my iPhone 6+. Initial set-up was basically plug & play, effortless. I have no special technical skills, and I’m well pleased. I’ve experienced a few minor glitches, and have found Tablo tech support to be professional & responsive. Kudos, and thank you for your commitment to making a great product even better.

1 Like

I’m up for another beta. Of course I reported the LPW issue in the 2.2.6 beta and was dismissed as a network issue. Anyway when the beta is ready feel free to reach out to me to get any logs or tests you need. I can reproduce the LPW easily.

I have a new Asus RT-AC87U router all my home theater equipment is connect to. That connects to a ARRIS TG862G WiFi Telephony Cable Modem Docsis 3.0. I have 65 Mbps Xfinity service. Every device works without a hitch except tablo. It is almost an impossibility the network is in any way at fault, as it would show up somewhere else. If the tablo is somehow particular (which it obviously is), then anything can contribute to it’s ability to work or not work properly. Thing is, tablo will still be at fault, as everything else works without a hitch.

-Rodger

Maybe I am just dumb, but LPW??? What does that stand for?

The famous Tablo bug on Roku…Load Please Wait

2 Likes

Ahhh, lol. Yea a few of us discussed this in the beta. For me it was just the initial startup and then the shows played ok.

Even add to guide after rescan I adding to guide is taking longer than it used to. Whatever @Tablo tv did for the guide is making it take longer in 2.2.6. Remember they added a couple of tings that didn’t go beta first.

Yea, I am not seeing that issue :confused:

I think it’s unfair or at least too earlier to say that Tablo is at fault as it could be possible that their latest f/w may have uncovered some bugs in Roku OS. However, Tablo is the only one who can provide the logs and work with Roku to get the issue resolved, IMHO.

1 Like

I don’t think it is unfair or too early at all kamy.

Whether or not Roku has issues, Nuvyyo’s task as a company is to build a product that works with the existing media streaming devices, and I would guess that Roku is the most popular streaming device in their entire customer base. Clearly, issues were introduced with the 2.2.6 release and other Roku channels/apps are not having these same problems.

To be more specific, the task of Nuvyyo is not to build a product that makes a compliant H.264 video stream, it is to build a product that will work with the media streaming devices as they currently exist. If they fail to do that they will fail as a company.

Bottom line, they screwed up and missed some things they should have caught in testing. That is not the end of the world, companies do that all the time. The real test is how they react to their screw up. In other words, how quickly they resolve their customer’s issues today, and what they do to assure that these sort of quality problems don’t make it into the field in the future.

You make it sound like it’s a global issue with all Roku’s - the Tablo channel does not reboot nor have the LPW issues on a Roku 3 purchased in August 2013 (Model 4200).

What makes my Roku 3 different from the person’s Roku 3 that is having all these issues? I personally have no idea. All I know is they are also running the same Tablo 2.2.6 firmware and same Roku 6.2 firmware. So there’s more to the picture than just Tablo missed the boat entirely.

3 Likes

To further @theuser86’s point, the Nuvyyo CEO has stated:

“These symptoms are currently only affecting a small proportion of our customers. . .”

Of course, we all hope that the symptoms will be addressed as soon as the underlying cause can be determined.

I would quickly add that if I were part of that “small proportion,” I wouldn’t care that it was a small proportion because in my home the proportion would have been 100%. Nevertheless, my comments to the Community would be tempered by the perspective that I was part of the unfortunate small proportion.

1 Like