4th Gen. Tablo/Roku connectivity issues

Just got a 4 tuner 4th Gen. Tablo ,and installed it 3 days ago and I’m having multiple connection problems with the many Rokus in the house. I have fiber optic Internet and I have no issues with my old Tablo Legacy or with Sling or any other apps other than the new 4th Gen. Tablo, so far it’s been a real pain. All software on the Roku’s and the Tablo are up to date. Any ideas?

Yeah… take it back, take it back now!

Kind of hard to tell whether you’re being serious or sarcastic?

1 Like

A little bit of both… had my 2 tuner 4th gen since December and haven’t had a whole night of uninterrupted viewing since. And with every update comes a new set of problems. I’ve even gone as far as trying a Walmart Onn brand chromecast instead of Roku. Walmarts streamer gives me less issues with Tablo, but problems still arise. If I had the chance to do it all over again, I would return tablo and wait to see if they ever get all their issues resolved. And just to let you know… most of the people here that claim to be helping, are mostly as clueless as the rest of us! Just sayin’

Most of the people here are suffering through the troubles with Tablo. There are some who I won’t name who try to help but these folks are, imo, network professionals with non normal networks in their homes.

Tablo recently released their firmware update that solved (kinda) the missing guide data for us in the west coast of the USA. Until this update we were told by Tablo support that it was entirely our fault and our networking was the culprit…lo and behold it was tablo. I’ve said it as others have Tablo is a beta type product that we are all helping to beta test. It was released very very early in it’s development or the team that was developing it did very controlled and limited beta testing and now they are scrambling to get things right. If they don’t get things right soon there are a lot of us that are going to be jumping to a different platform. While the latest update has gotten some things close there is still a lot of problems. read through the forums and you will see (Won’t play recordings without a mothership connection, won’t view OTA without guide data…etc.)

1 Like

Hey, thanks for the advice. When I called yesterday the rep. from Tablo couldn’t offer any resolutions. I decided it just wasn’t going to work for me, so I returned it today. I’d rather go back to my 2 tuner Legacy for the time being rather than being constantly frustrated. I appreciate your help!

And the same goes to you as Madd1One. Thanks for the advice. When I called yesterday the rep. from Tablo couldn’t offer any resolutions. I decided it just wasn’t going to work for me, so I returned it today. I’d rather go back to my 2 tuner Legacy for the time being rather than being constantly frustrated. I appreciate your help!

No problem…

I get what you are saying… I understand that. I respect it.

There are a few things that I push. Making sure you have good wireless signal. and confirming it. (inSSIDer, is your friend) Not all wireless cards are built the same. Even between the Gen4 and Legacy model. I had to readjust my wireless and wired network to accommodate the Tablo. It gave me a fit for 2 weeks after I bought it. Literally was going to throw it out the window. Plus my wife wanted to watch her shows. She missed them for 2 weeks. I was about to get fed to sharks (my wife) if I didn’t figure it out.

I have it tagged in my profile, my very first post.

Also having a decent chipset. if you have a $30 wireless router from Walmart, you will get $30 performance. I know not everyone can afford something with a decent chipset. I also understand not everyone knows the difference either.

I’m not saying my network is the reason it works… I accommodated my network with those 2 principals above to make it work.

2 Likes