4th Gen Tablo blank screen, audio only on live and recorded, Android 11 tablet

Hi everyone,

I didn’t have this issue before the last 2 firmware updates, but I don’t always use this Samsung tablet with Android 11. None of the live channels, including the streaming ones have video, just audio. The same thing goes for the recordings.

I haven’t used this tablet since before the last firmware update, but it was working OK before until I tried it yesterday. Neither my phone running Android 13 nor my Roku players/TVs have this issue, just this tablet.

I already tried clearing the cache, uninstalling and reinstalling the app, but the issue remains. I also tried disconnecting and reconnecting the power on the Tablo tuner, but no luck.

I appreciate any help.

I am having the same issue. Sound but no video. Android 11 tablet. I also have a tablet running android 12. I gets video but is very slow and choppy. Looking for a solution. Thanks.

Hi. I also have a Samsung tablet with Android 11. I am having the same issue. It might not be related to the firmware update. The current version is 2.2.47. I was able to roll mine back to version 2.2.43. It did not fix the problem. It might be the Tablo tv app. The current version is 1.0.7. I was able to find and install version 1.0.5. That did not fix the problem either.

I have the same issue.
All functions of the Tablo TV app work except no video will display. Only sound and video controls will display in a blank screen. I just upgraded the tablet from Android 11 to 12 and same problem.
Tablo TV 2-tuner DVR Firmware: 2.2.47
Lenovo Yoga Tab 11 (YT-J706F) Android 12

PS: I also submitted a support request to Tablo about this problem.

Update: Tablo updated my support request on Dec 6 with the following statement:

“We’re not sure when this will be resolved. There is no ETA. When it’s fixed, I’ll keep you updated. For the delay, we apologize.”

1 Like

@petro089 @DMO @pecarlo Can you provide the exact model info for the Android tablets you’re using? We’ve tried to reproduce this on devices on Android 11-12, but this seems to be specific to a few tablets that we may need to track down.

Hi,

It’s a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 inch(2019). SM-T510

It’s running Android 11

Samsung Galaxy Tab A, model # SM-T510, Android 11.

As I stated in the opening post, it was working before the some of the last firmware updates.

I already tried factory resetting the tablet, but the issue remains.

Samsung Galaxy Tab A, Model SM-T510. Android 11. Sound but no video.
Visual Land, model Elite10Q. Android 11. Sound but no video.
Linsay, model F10XIPV. Android 13. Sound and video, but video is slow and choppy.

It seems the “end of life” window for tablets, phones and even Tv’s gets shorter with every generation. New apps won’t work and system updates aren’t supported. I also realize that you can’t test every brand and model of device for compatibility. Since there doesn’t seem to be a quick fix for the ‘no video’ problem on some tablets perhaps you could recommend a tablet that you know supports Tablo. Samsung brand preferred if possible. Thanks.

Bueller… Bueller.

Has there been any progress on fixing this issue? I still get only sound when I use this Samsung tablet.

Look, the idea of having streaming channels in the lineup is nice, but something happened around the first firmware updates that broke the image on tablets running similar hardware, and it needs to be looked at.

Same here.
Ulefone power armor 14 pro running Android 12. Updated to the latest firmware. The Tablo device is on a fast Ethernet connection.

And does it support mpeg2?

My Samsung tablet still does not have video, only sound.

I to have put a ticket in with the black screen video only sound my reply from them … - We are currently experiencing higher than normal volume, and our response times are longer than normal. Our current reply times are 2-3 days. five days and counting…
I have noticed many users are having similar issues on the video black out

There’s a few people experiencing the same issue on Anazon Fire tablets, so this is either a video codec/compression issue, or a DRM one.

I have the exact same issue with my Lenovo Yoga Tab 11 (Lenovo YT-J706F) running Android 12 (kernel version 4.14.186-g0884b83686dc
#1 Fri Jan 5 18:41:05 CST 2024).

Help me, Tablo. You’re my only hope.

I am also experiencing the black screen with audio only on my tablet.

Lenovo TB-J616F (Android 12)
Kernel Version 4.14.186-g83fcd0e55b71
#1 Tue Mar 5 18:46:36 CST 2024

My 4 Tuner has received the latest 2.2.50 Firmware but the issue is still present.