4th Gen - Android Phone App Stopped Working

I have a Gen 4 Tablo (2 Tuner) model connected via Wi-Fi. Today my android phone was not able to connect to the Tablo and reverted to the initial setup sequence.

I was able to connect to the Tablo with my Hisense Google TV. Both the TV and the phone are running Version 1.1.5 of the Tablo app.

I validated that my phone was actually connected to the correct wifi network and even disconnected and reconnected to wifi.

Next I cast YouTube from my phone to my TV, which worked.

Then I power cycled the Tablo and retested. TV connected fine, but the phone just launched the initial setup sequence.

I logged out of the Tablo app on my phone and logged back in. Same failure resulted.

Next, I rebooted my phone. Same failure resulted.

Finally, I uninstalled the app from my phone and re-installed. When I launched the app, my phone immediately connected to the Tablo. I was also logged into my Tablo account (did not need to enter credentials).

Is this connectivity problem known issue?

I’ve had this a couple of times. Go into your Android device and lookup the apps.

Clear both the cache and storage.
Restart the app and it should go into a setup mode.
It should ask if you already have an account.
Sign in your existing account.
Select your Tablo & possibly your zip code.

With luck you’ll restart with no data lost
Good Luck

2 Likes

Thanks for this suggestion. I will clear the cache and data if the issue happens again, instead of reinstalling the app.

Hopefully this problem is on a bug tracker to be addressed.