4 minutes to load from Roku 3 - WTH?

xxxx cccc xx cc

Iā€™m reading that youā€™ve tried a lot of things but couldnā€™t tell if you had tried deleting and reinstalling the Roku apps. What I had done while the Tablo was updating to 2.2.6 was go to each device and remove the apps (Roku, phones, FireTV stick, and cleared the Chrome browser history/cache/cookies) and then once the Tablo was back up I reinstalled the apps to each device. I should note that I did not reinstall the original Roku channel, just the Tablo Preview channel and forced the new Tablo Roku update on them just yesterday or today. So far everything is working very well after doing that. Thereā€™s a chance it might improve things for you. Hope it helps.

xxxx cccc xx cc

Same here. Tablo working like a champ. Recorded morning news on three channels simultaneously at 1080 8mb resolution. First tested playback on wireless Roku stick. No severe problems ( one or two short loading screens but no worse than any time in history before. Roku 4 wired worked well as expected.

Still cannot play Tablo video in Chrome (screen shows; circle spins; no play).

Tablo has 2.2.6 firmware. Hard drive is recommended 5 TB unit.

Hopefully other users will have good luck as well.

Happy days are here again.

Glad to hear things have evened outā€¦ Odd that it was the magic of time that did it but still glad to hear it.

Just for informationā€™s sakeā€¦ Were you guys all running the preview channel or the public channel? What Roku hardware are you running?

I just started using the Preview channel on my Roku 3. It works much better (20 seconds to load vs 4 minutes) so weā€™re good on that point. Puzzles me why the non-preview channel takes so long. Just got the 2.2.6 update on Tablo and installed that. I loaded the non-preview version but it never did show me the list of recordings. I gave up since the preview one works.

xxxx cccc xx cc

Preview channel on Roku 3 (6.2) with 2.2.2 still on the Tablo. Up to 27 seconds now to load recordings page and if I return to the main Tablo page and then forward to the recordings screen again, it takes just as long to re-draw it - every time. Chrome and Android both load the page instantaneously. I have to reiterate that this is not on some huge drive with hundreds of recordings. This is a 500 GB drive with about 70 recordings (25% full) and that this started well after the 2.2.2 update. I know you said ~20 seconds was normal but I had even more recordings before this started happening and it took just a couple of seconds to load. Somethingā€™s fouled up.

Is there a way to store data on the Roku between app reloads? Can it just cache my guide data and recording list so I donā€™t have to wait ~10 seconds for that stuff to repopulate every time I use the app?

We are looking in to thisā€¦ the more data we have, the faster we can figure out what the commonalities are so keep the data coming!

Thatā€™s a good question. I just added a 32 GB microSD card to my Roku3 to see if that makes any difference in anything. Maybe Roku could allow access to it for itā€™s apps??

Iā€™ve heard sd is only for storing channels and games. There is also a USB connection and Roku allows read/write. Sounds like a place for my old 1 TB drive IF it will help the Tablo. I will be adding 32gb sd to my Roku 4 tonight. I watched YouTube on Roku 4 and it prefer micros card. If they can then why not Tablo? @Tablo TV any ideas or can you check with Roku?

I did the updates over the weekend. Update to Tablo and Update to roku. I have a roku 2 and a roku 3 and a roku streaming stick. Now the preview channel will not display my recordings. Just get the turning circle. The other functions work quickly. The old version of tablo on my roku displays most of my recordings but some seem to be missing. A couple that were deleted are back. I prefer to use the preview channel. How can I get this fixed?

1. Reboot your router, wait 2 min, reboot your Tablo.
  2. Delete the Preview channel off the Roku, reboot your Roku, install the Preview channel again.

I have forgotten how to get the preview channel at roku. I did a search for tablo and only got the old channel. Can you tell me what to search for?

Thanks
Jim

plus, I have 3 rokus.

Jim

https://owner.roku.com/add/tablopreview

Try it on one Roku, I recommend trying it on the Roku 3.

Tried all of the above to no avail. Still can not load recordings from Tablo Preview. All other features of Tablo Preview work fine.

Jim

xxxx cccc xx cc