32"samsung tv issue

Awesome T…86, thank you…I’ll wait for the Roku xpress 4k+ to come out in May.

Just got it and installed it.
Had trouble with no sound while initializing the remote.
Tried Roku tech help…they said $1.00 for assist, got some clown that upped it to $46.00 and charged my card, i didn’t even get to talk to him, was cut off.
F* HIM…WATCH OUT FOR SCAMMERS.
VISA removed the charge.

I then switched to other HDMI port on tv then got sound (ALL HDMI ports are not functionality the same)…

Next issue was getting Roku’s acct. confirmation email…took 2 tries, finally got it.
Conclusion: After a rocky start, its working well. Software and menu design is terrific.
Someone finally arranged the keyboard alphabetically instead of the typist arrangement, I like that.
Smooth menu pick action. Can still use sleep timer. Voice control is nice as opposed to menu searching.
Again WATCH OUT FOR SCAMMERS!!
U should not be charged that much for troubleshooting help…if u have the time use this community forum for help or contact Tablo.
I’m pleased with the Roku express 4k+.

As a general tip, always contact the official company support if you need help. It will also always be free. If you are charged for tech support, they are a scammer (or a third party company that markets themselves as tech support, but you shouldn’t use them either)

1 Like

It’s too bad that Roku does not offer a phone help line # on their usr guide…
Personally, I’d rather speak directly to Roku agent (real one) than thru automated svc. a real time waster…
I had to figure the problem out on my own.

I have the Premier 4K and love it because I can control it with my Samsung 82" TV’s IR remote. No need to use the remote that came with the Roku unit, and no problems for the past two years. And, it allows me to utilize the subscription 2-week guide, where’s the Samsung’s native Tablo app doesn’t.

Big difference in features and processor between a basic 32" and an 82" tv.
I had no issues with my 65" samsung.
Was able to download tablo app on the 65" w/o roku.
The 65" is a better tv $$$ by far.
Needed the Roku for the 32", after the difficult start as stated before,all is ok now.
Didn’t need the Premier roku.

You might find that using the Samsung Tablo app that you search for and download (as I did) on your TV works, but if it’s like mine, that app will not allow you to utilize the Tablo’s 2-week grid guide (the one that Tablo charges $5/mo for). If the 2-week guide is not important to you, no problem, but having only the 24-hour guide doesn’t allow you to search for future programs (past 24 hours) to record on the Tablo. I have the Roku Premier 4K plugged into an HDMI port because it has an IR remote, and my Samsung IR remote actually controls the Roku also, so I don’t have to utilize two remotes to control the TV and the Tablo. I just renamed the HDMI port that the Roku is plugged into as “Roku” and added it to the TV’s menu bar at the bottom of the home screen.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.