2.2 Firmware Release

TiVo will transfer lifetime to a warranty replacement (90 day warranty), or out of warranty, if you pay the exchange fee of $149 and the box is less than 3 years old. Replacement boxes purchased after 3 years carry the $199 lifetime transfer fee. You can only pay the exchange fee and transfer license for the same hardware - so no upgrading to a newer platform, and when that hardware is no longer available from TiVo, there is no lifetime transfer available from TiVo.
From TiVo support:
“If your box is out of warranty then the exchange fee for the hardware is $149. If this unit was activated on lifetime more than three years ago then there is a $199 lifetime transfer fee. If it is within the first three years then there is not.”

2 Likes

My arguement was above Tablo V2 and TiVo Roamio V2, you said TiVo will transfer lifetime service (which was completely wrong, thanks @ChrisFix). I replied with only for 3 years.

Both my statements were valid, and now you’re just putting words into my mouth to support your cause. When you’re wrong it’s OK to act like an adult, admit it and move on.

We can just agree to disagree.

Max and arrowrand - As entertaining as your discussion is, how about we leave it at:

For some users, TiVo is the best choice
For some users, Tablo is the best choice

And now we can all move on and live productive lives.

5 Likes

How about we just leave it that Tablo is the best of anything currently available on the market for what it does.

TiVo is different. We’ll wait and see what the new HDHomeRun comes out with.

1 Like

Oh really?

Honestly, this has been SOOOOO much fun. It has. I can’t think of any other way that I would have rather wasted this time, but we’re way off topic and this is spiraling down to nowhereland. I’m checking out right here.

Thank you.

6 Likes

soooo…any news on the release?

1 Like

Someone complained when I posted something as a beta tester, so I’m leaving it to @TabloTV or TabloSupport to post something.

That is a real shame.

I’d like an update if there is anything to tell. Last I heard was that there was a bug concerning hard drives or something like that.

I would like a update also

Get the person who complained to appoliage and I will post otherwise wait until or if @TabloTV post an update.

Is this a legit Tablo account? Only 1 post though?

Hey folks -

Sorry about the delay. We’ve got a * fingers crossed * final beta in testing right now. It seems to be stable so once QA & support give the thumbs up we will proceed into rollout.

Just a heads up for everyone… For the first time ever we’ll be doing a staged rollout of this new firmware which means not everyone will receive an update on the same day. We’ll be doing batches over a few days. The staged rollout will be random so we won’t be able to tell you exactly when your Tablo will receive the update but we will give a heads-up when the rollout begins with a complete list of updates/changes.

We’re doing this for two reasons: firstly because there’s so many of you that it’s just easier on our servers to manage smaller batches and secondly because this is a MAJOR release and we want to make absolutely sure that the release behaves as it has for our beta team once its out in the wild.

4 Likes

I know it might be hard to manage, but you might want to consider creating a “First Release” group. This would be the group that gets the update first after beta is done. The group would be on a signup basis. The advantage is you would roll out to change friendly power users first who would be very likely to provide quick feedback. It would also allow the people here that want to be first to get the update first while people who want to wait to be sure would get it a few days later.

1 Like

@nicholb - You always have the choice to delay a firmware update until later.

I’m in the group that wants it sooner. :smile:

1 Like

I’m with @nicholb. I’m anxious to get the new 2.2 firmware.

Being new to Tablo TV, how are updates handled? Will there be a notification somewhere or is it automatic? Thank you :wink:

When it is available for you, you will see an update message on your clients. If you choose to update at that time, then you will just have to click on the button to start the update process.

The message will continue to show up until you update, so if you choose to not do it right away, you can do it later. But almost everyone does it right away. Just don’t do it while you are recording a show, since it will reboot your Tablo when finished.

Excellent snowcat. Thank you!