2.2 Firmware Release

It has always been this way, I thought it was just the software, I just submitted a support case asking for a warranty replacement, I just rebuilt my network and the problem was happening before and after the rebuild, but it is wired to a CISCO SG-300-10 Switch connected to a CISCO RV320 Router, as well as my XBOX One, XBOX 360, 3 Fire TV’s 2 PC’s and a few other devices, and I have no networking issues with any other device, I facotry reset the Tablo last month, but it did not help and I usually have to power cycle it 2 or 3 times a week after it becomes unresponsive.

Clearly, you need a replacement. You should never have to power cycle it.

1 Like

@DRB417 Agreed - I haven’t ever had to reboot my Tablo due to it being un-responsive. It’s been just humming along since I set it up last November.

3 Likes

Now, Now…

We want to be right when it comes out.

Chas

Done in jest. Huge supporter of tablo and all they do.

2 Likes

Can we get a mid-week update on a potential release?

We’re getting closer but this last bug has been particularly difficult to quash. I wish I had a better ETA than ‘soon’ but that’s what I have right now. When I have more, I’ll let you guys know.

2 Likes

Which bug?

…And then there’s a weekend coming up, and then the next week only has 5 days in it.

@JeremyMorel what’s your point? Yes, they’re late with the release by their own timeline, so what? You’ve got nothing more pressing to concern yourself with than this?

After the delays with the new Fire TV/Android TV apps and Roku Preview I really expected that Nuvyyo would go silent on release date expectations.

That didn’t happen.

3 Likes

Don’t forget Dolby Digital.

My beta is running perfect but my hard drive does not have the problem. I suggested releasing with a list of “don’t use these disk” list but they want to fix it prior to release and it’s beginning to look like September or beyond for release unfortunately

My point, I suppose, is that I guess I too expected them to go dark. Would have made perfect sense. Instead, they publicly BEGGED for beta testers, yet refused me when I responded the very same day, telling me they were all full up. (This came after several rounds of my being volleyed between the TabloTV and TabloSupport accounts). No apology, no reply when I graciously asked “well can I at least be included in the next beta cycle?”. When they do selectively choose to interlude corporate responses in the comment string, it’s been to tout openly all the things the forthcoming update is going to fix.

They have generated their own hype show and then failed to deliver, leaving many others to make the same commentary I have. I’m not alone with my disposition, I’m just perhaps more vocal.

So, yeah, you asked for a point?

This community support forum isn’t the place for a sales pitch. I’ve been hooked already with the [supposed] already delivered functionality (which fails to deliver, coincidentally). At this point a sales pitch is an insult. We put our faith in you, Nuvyyo, bought your product and the (albeit inferred) commitment to quality. While you might consider me unwise to buy into future promises, isn’t that what investment is about? Instead, almost smugly, I and others are encouraged to contact support for issues we know damn well they can’t resolve-- but don’t worry, the update is coming really soon! Stop telling us that! Under promise, over deliver. Why not commit to a quarterly drop and if you can release it sooner, it’s a happy surprise to your fans?(Wihile they are still fans.) For those in your beta, perhaps it’s wise to issue a confidentiality agreement, or at least ask the chosen few to stop taunting the rest the faithful followers about how all their problems have been ameliorated. The rest of us, who spent a lot of money --some on 4 tuners worth of lagtime-- get to experience disappointment and disillusion.

(I mean, come on, it’s not like I’m asking for a Tablo Metro or anything.)

To quote another user who is sharing the same disappointment I and other are, “with Tablo, I can watch watch shows, but I can’t watch TV.”

I agree on some points from above.

Beta testers need to sign an NDA and stop posting.
Under promise and over deliver.

I don’t agree with the doom and gloom attitude. Tablo is one of the better products on the market. They’re not perfect, but the competition is even worse.

2 Likes

I’m not sure how you think that TiVo and DVR+ are worse than Tablo, maybe you could explain.

If you’re actually this dissatisfied, you can always sell me your Tablo (at a steep discount of course as you don’t value it much) and get a TiVo or DVR+. TiVo has a sale on now.

1 Like

I was not on the beta for the FireTV and had the same problems as everyone else. After the recent release, all the problems I was having with my Fire TV Stick went away. LOTS depend on your Antenna and router. And if you are using WiFi it also depends on how many other devices using the same frequency. I have the Fire TV stick on the 5 GHz WiFi. When I was at the hotel, I used whatever WiFi was available. The release didn’t come out until after I left the hotel, so I have not used it away from home yet.

I think we should all get a healthy dose of perspective and lighten up a bit (or a lot in some cases) on Tablo and the new firmware release. Tablo is one of the most transparent companies I have ever dealt with, releasing their future plans and software upgrade path to users and actually listening to feedback from the user community. We don’t all get what we individually want, but, we do get periodic updates that have significantly improved the usefulness of the Tablo product.

So lets put away the pitchforks and develop a little patience here. Tablo doesn’t want to rush firmware out the door, only to have their support lines light up like a Christmas tree for the next couple of months. I can’t blame them for working on the new firmware until it was as perfect, and complete, as possible. I develop software for a living. I would follow the exact path that Tablo has chosen here, making the firmware as close to perfect as possible before releasing it to the masses.

12 Likes

What he said. First world problems. It will be done when it is done.