When attempting to watch live TV, get playback failed error message

Running on Roku devices with most updated recent software and update Tablo 4gen software.
After resetting Tablo device and connecting via wifi to my TVs and devices and running a fresh channel scan; I am able to get the TabloTV app to come up on Roku device and boot up.
When viewing Live TV the first channel I choose to tune into, will playback live. Watch for several minutes fine, but then if i decide to go back to channel guide to watch another channel Live, I get an error message, playback failed (retry or cancel). retry never works. Go back to Live TV channel guide to try to tune into another channel, but same thing happens, Playback failed. But when I go back to original 1st choice channel that I was successfully able to watch, that again is watchable. All other channel choices I get playback failed message. Only able to watch my very first choice. Only way to watch any other Live TV channel choice, is to reset TabloTV device.

Can you confirm that you have good wireless signal in that area?

Load up inSSIDer on your laptop and check if you have good signal. anything above -73 is considered the start of low signal.

If you put uncompression video load on it, it will drop.

1 Like