No Newsy isn't Good Newsy

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/business/story/2024-09-27/scripps-news-is-shutting-down-another-victim-of-the-collapsing-tv-news-business

If Scripps can’t keep their news network going, that doesn’t give me much confidence in the longevity of their Tablo product.

1 Like

Scripps is pretty big. I wouldn’t count them out when making business decisions or use Newsy as some sort of “predictor” of future solvency.

IMHO, they’re just following the current trend.

Let’s face it, true (expensive) investigative journalism left the building a long long time ago. So, we’re left with “dull news” (or no news) and salacious opinion pieces around it masquerading as “news”.

3 Likes

The trend (see headline) is for news outlets to close down, even some all news AM radio stations that go back an eon.
I’m surprised this one lasted as long as it did.
Not like they were a household name.
Scripps cleaning house to keep up in the OTA DVR arena, let’s hope.

Well that’s a shame. They had just become my regular go-to 24 hour news channel since I can no longer access cable news.

Scripps stock looks to have gone up 23% on the news. The E.W. Scripps Company (SSP) Stock Price, News, Quote & History - Yahoo Finance I wonder how much it would go up if they sold Nuvyyo.

NewsNation is probable the best (or at least one of the best) news channels.
Unbiased news.

Same here :frowning:

But, I don’t believe it is available on the Tablo.

It’s one of the FAST channels on the Tablo feed, and in many areas available via broadcast.

It’s a free streaming service. I watch it on Roku.

Not that I can find.

I don’t have a 4th gen, but Scripps renamed it to Scripps News. Maybe you can see that one (?)

Scripps News was Newsy. Newsnation is owned by Nextstar Media.