Legacy remote connect

Hi

I can remotely connect to my legacy tablo with the app on my phone but not from the tablo app on a roku stick. The roku app gives “tablo not found”.

There may be some firewall rules in my remote router (the one through which the roku stick works when i travel). Is it possible to know what my remote router needs to allow?

Oops sorry scratch that. My traveling router cant be the cause because my phone connects to tablo via the same router.

Also. That roku stick connects to tablo ok when on my home network

As far as I know, Roku devices never had the Tablo Connect capability.

1 Like

Ok then! Did not know that. Thank you. Expectation must be that a streaming device would never be remote. Other than phone apps what will connect remotely? Anything that can run a browser?

Pretty much anything other than Roku devices work with Tablo Connect as long as they have been paired first on the same network as the Tablo DVR.

Not sure about browsers. If it works on your home network, it should work remotely.

Interesting. So roku app development must not be a priority. Or roku platform itself has limitations. So the app on amazon fire works? May have to switch away from roku