You guys need to implement Adaptative Bit Rate

So if I’m sitting on my patio and can only connect to my tablo via LAN 2.4 Ghz Wifi, would adaptive bit rate be of any use?

And would my 2.4 Ghz WiFi connection be adversely impacted by network congestion algorithms?

sorry but I don’t understand your questions, z. if there are objective metrics and more-specific scenarios of interest to you, or a problem to help solve, I would like to help analyze that. I don’t know much about your patio or your 2.4Ghz connectivity details and I promise that I am not on your patio right now sweeping it with a wifi-analyzer-app.

You implied that changing bit rates via adaptive bit rates can cause fuzzy conditions due to TCP slow start.

But a user may need or desire adaptive bit rates due to a slower connection due to such things as LAN connections at 2.4 Ghz WiFi.

And since TCP slow connection is usually associated with a WAN and not a LAN router algorithm, can LAN fuzzy conditions still occur and be overcome?

Thanks, Z. Thanks for clarifying. Nice question. The answer is no, not sufficiently to avoid annoying end-users, not with Adaptive Bitrate Technologies at lower layers than TCP. There are some decent proprietary bandaid/wrapper partial-solutions available above TCP/IP - maybe some of those use something resembling Adaptive Bitrate, but not as far as I understand them so far. I understand they instead use something resembling VBR (variable bitrate), but not ABR. It seems that the only sure way to eliminate TCP slow start is to eliminate TCP. There are probably IETF and other experts who have counter-analyses to mine, were I to give more details. I might ask some of them and will follow up if I discover interesting things. Btw, there is published research and patents regarding this stuff.