(COMPLETED) Xbox One app?

I would like to add my vote for an app for the consoles.

May 2016, and here I am googling “Tablo app for Xbox One” once again … still no app, apparently. Disappointing.

Hulu is supposed to incorporate live TV next year. Why they think they can do it when Aereo couldn’t, I don’t know but the idea is now gaining traction. We won’t have to worry about a Tablo Xbox app to watch live TV at that time.

Hulu will pay the providers for streaming rights unlike Aereo. What Aereo did was illegal and almost destroyed free TV.

Aereo leased antenna to you, kept it, received Ota TV and streamed it. NBC Universal is owned by Comcast and Comcast is partial owner of Hulu.

Like I said what Aereo did was ILLEGAL. They profited from other peoples work without compensating them.

I bought my tablo a couple months ago and thus far love it, I currently have a Xbox one with a tv tuner for my over the air live tv watching needs, in addition i subscribe to sling tv for “cable” tv stations. Having a tablo app native to xbox one would be great for many reasons,

1.having it where all my other media content is makes it clean and easy. Xbox has become central to my live tv viewing experience.

1. While i realize xbox one will at some point in the future have dvr capability, this isnt a good solution for me. more often then not i am recording multiple shows at a time and the tablo 4 tuner system is perfect for that because it allows for multiple people in my home to watch their recorded shows on any device in any room, additionally i tested a dual tuner for xbox as well as the single tuner and found the signal quality on the xbox dual tuner was very weak vs the single tuner option.

Overall the Xbox box dvr system will not be a good cost effective option for mutiroom tv viewing. In this case tablo has a central and singular opertunity to really make an impact on the cord cutting market with the addition of an xbox one option.

Alternatively and as an added feature, i would also consider paying an additional monthly charge for cloude dvr storage (ala PlayStation Vue) so that way i dont have to have a separate external HDD.

2 Likes

Any day now!

Microsoft has officially scrapped plans for Xbox One DVR. Let’s get to work!

I’m so annoyed about MS scrapping the DVR. I think their TV tuner experience is pretty good but must have DVR. Tablo looks great, but I don’t want to add another box to my set up. If/when you build an Xbox app I will be ordering a Tablo immediately. By the way, I’m a .NET developer willing to help!! :slight_smile:

I agree. Tablo needs an xbox app! Please!

Maybe so but the Plex app for Windows 10 Mobile does not have this feature yet. To this note HD HomeRun now has a native Windows 10 Mobile app and it also supports Holo Lens. How cool would that be to watch a live Football game on that! :slight_smile: or watch the news while you cook dinner. Way cool!.

So does Tablo have any plans to support what HD HomeRun is currently supporting today? I might switch back to my HD Home Run, if not.

Any word on this?

@Efriam_Weinfeld Nothing to announce at the moment, but stay tuned! If/when there’s news, we’ll certainly announce it :slight_smile:

Please, a Tablo UWP app for Xbox would be awesome!

I’m in for this. The only reason we are still using our Amazon Fire TV is because there is not an Xbox One app for TabloTV. I concur with many though that the Xbox One will be limited for recording because it only supports a single tuner.

A universal Windows app would be even better as we have several devices that it would be useful for.

Was really surprised to see that you do not support Xbox One or PS4. Between the two of these that makes up about 60 million devices in people’s primary entertainment center. By ignoring these platforms you are missing a big audience.

This would be a total no brainier if game consoles were supported. Another streaming vendor has been asked for an Xbox app since 360 and has not delivered yet. Not sure what the deal is with steaming apps for XBox One…?

Thank you so much! The app is great!

2 Likes

So happy to see this is now available. Used it all last night without any issues. Thanks!

2 Likes