Windows Phone App

Just think with Windows Phone 8.1 what you could do with Cortana integration?

“Tablo, record the next episode of Under the Dome”
“Tablo, record all episodes of Marvel Agents of Shield”
“Tablo, when does the next episode of Once Upon a Time air”
"Tablo, give me a description of the next episode of Sleepy Hollow"

I think you get the idea.

@gminnick - That would be pretty cool. I wonder if we could do that w/ Siri on iOS devices… 

@gminnick @tablotv My Insteon home automation stuff has this kind of support for my WP.  I can say “Insteon turn kitchen lights on” and it happens :slight_smile:

iOS guys confirm there’s no Siri SDK kit yet so no integration is possible… 

@gminnick - We’d have to see if MSFT is lacking the same thing… 

@jbanks25 - We saw all kinds of stuff like that at CEDIA. Many people asked about support for home automation systems… 

@TabloTV since I’m tied into the MS ecosystem so much via the choices I’ve made around the house Insteon was the only way that made sense for me to go when it came to home automation.  They announced their partnership with MS earlier this year, and from what I understand the two companies worked out the Cortana support.  It really is super cool.  

P.S. I know with 4% market share it will never ever make sense for you guys to develop this, but I can dream :wink:

@TabloTV http://channel9.msdn.com/coding4fun/blog/Cortana-show-me-how-I-can-add-you-to-my-apps may help. I’m pretty sure Cortana is well ahead of Siri with regards to developer integration. Lot less locked down, if i’m not mistaken.

+1 for a windows phone app, although if you get it working in the browser a web app would do fine too. Thanks

Another vote for a Windows App. I’m having a surface pro and a Lumia 920. My wife have a surface rt and a Lumia 1020. We are deeply invested into the windows ecosystem. As a new tablo user, I really love what I can with this thing. Definitely a winner. However, what a disappointment to realize we can barely use it. For now, we have to rely on the plex app to access tablo, but that’s less than Stella experience compared to the iPad version or the web interface I can get through chrome. Sadly, that browser experience is limited to my surface pro tablet only. Yes a web UI could do in the short term, but A native app on par to ios would be more than welcome. Especially with the new universal app roadmap that Microsoft just announced (same app for phone, tablet, desktop and console) the increased flexibility of Cortana over Siri, etc. Hopefully you’ll consider it sooner in your roadmap. Thanks in advance. Kind regards.

+1 for a Windows Phone 8.1 App.  Internet Explorer compatibility for the Web App is a must and would help for now!

+4 for windows phone app (4 household windows phone users) :smile:

+3 more here.

With the Universal Windows Platform model for Windows 10, it makes sense to make one app to run on phones, tablets, desktop, Xbox One, etc. Here’s how to get started: https://dev.windows.com/develop

Don’t forget Alexa from Amazon. It has been integrated in the latest FireTV.

Makes conjuring sound appropriate for raising thread from the dead

Any thought of a Universal Windows app at this point? You should be able to port whatever version of the ios app is going to end up on the Apple TV

While porting an app that does something silly (like one that makes fart sounds for example) would be easy peasy, doing that for something like Tablo isn’t quite as magical because of all of the integration layers involved.

That being said, I know there is someone on the forum who has said they want to use the Tablo API to build something for Windows so you may be in luck.

Fair enough. I was under the impression though that MS’ software did the heavy lifting no matter what the code. Just wanted to make you guys aware of it if you didn’t already know. https://dev.windows.com/en-us/bridges/ios

+1 for a windows phone app and now that continuum is out one app for all is that much better.

Got another request for a windows phone app.
I went Lumia 950 back in January and have no plans to go back to iPhone. I was using simpletv, and converted to tablotv. Even simpletv had a windows app. I am planning to move my family to Lumia and windows. Win10 on the Lumia 950 is great. No comparison to iPhone if you do real work. Continuum is pretty cool and actually useful.
So this is +4 more.

I believe that there are a couple other web browsers now supported by Windows Phone… Opera, for example…
Would it be possible to access & use our Tablos using Opera instead of Internet Explorer ?
Has anybody tried it ?

+1 for windows universal app that works on windows 10 mobile

I tried Opera, Kaspersky browser, and surfy browser. they all connect, sync, but I get s spinning circle that never stops. so close, yet so far.