Western Digital My Book Essentials Died. How do I clean the catalogue

As the title indicates, suddenly my 3TB Western Digital My Book Essentials hard drive failed last night. The light is on but it does not make any spin up sounds when I power off and back on. The Tablo settings page does not recognize the hard drive but I did take it out and hooked it to my Windows 10 computer and was able to see the drive in Drive Management so it is not completely dead.

I have a second 1TB hard drive installed and it contains some recordings. I need to remove all the catalog entries for my Western Digital but keep the recordings for the other drive (a very old Samsung Story) and also keep my recording settings. Is there any way to accomplish this short of a factory reset?

Thank you

If anyone can do it, it would be Tablo support, so you might want to consider putting in a support ticket. The factory reset will wipe everything.

Have you tried basic troubleshooting to make sure the drive is really dead? i.e., reset the Tablo, swap USB cable, etc…

I have swapped cables, reset/restarted the Tablo, installed a second drive that I am now recording on, making my catalog very confused! I’ll take your advice and try a ticket. Thanks

1 Like

So I had one recording that was not found on the disk, but the tile wouldn’t go away. Seems the ‘secret sauce’ from my ticket was to reboot the Tablo, AND disconnect / reconnect forcing apparently some deeper ‘sync’ than what takes place each time you connect. From the email…

To reboot your Tablo, tap and quickly release the blue reset button on the back right of the box.

While the Tablo reboots head over to http://my.tablotv.com/ or the Tablo app and re-sync to your Tablo:
_- Disconnect from the Tablo. You should be brought to the ‘Connect to Tablo’ screen, select the ‘Tablo’ icon. _
_- You should see a ‘connect’ prompt there. To the right, a red X or ‘delete’ button should be visible. Select the red X or ‘delete’ button and confirm to delete the Tablo from that device. _
- Then select ‘Rescan’ and ‘Connect’ to the Tablo below the ‘New Tablos’ header.

Thanks all for the advice. I ended up just manually deleting the recordings that were lost.