Just had a weird issue with my 2-tuner Tablo HDMI. Earlier, I had 2 recordings that would start, but then halt with “Failure to decode video”. I could quickly skip a bit forward and it would work. This is using the HDMI output.
Last night, I had a recording I couldn’t really start. It would fail before displaying anything. But here is the odd part: It worked fine on both a Roku and Fire TV. Even if I stopped the playback on them, then tried to resume on the Tablo, it would fail.
This morning, I rebooted the Tablo, and now it works. To be honest, I have found the built-in HDMI to be a bit buggy or fragile on handling any form of corruption compared to streaming on a TV device.