We need a "forced resync" feature

There needs to be a way to force the app (in my case, the Fire TV Stick app) to resync itself with the Tablo.

1 Like

I’m curious, what’s the background on this?

The background of this is a buggy Tablo app for the Fire TV stick. I do all of my viewing “away from home”. I happen to have two Fire TV sticks and I have “paired” both of them with the Tablo. One would expect the two apps (on the two sticks) to respond identically. But no. One of the sticks is able to display the scheduled recordings and the other is not. Both sticks are able to play live TV. Anyway it seems clear that one of the apps is somehow incapable of doing a proper sync. So that is why there needs to be a way to force the app to resync itself with the Tablo.

@oppedahl - Are they different versions of the stick? I would suggest sending a note to support so we can figure out why you’re seeing different behavior: http://bit.ly/TabloTVHelp

And if you want to force a resync you just need to disconnect then delete your Tablo from the app and re-add it.

Thank you no the two sticks have identical Fire TV firmware. I did send a note to support, a couple of days ago, and have not heard back from support. Finally, please note that as I explained, all of my viewing is “away from home”. Thus if I follow your advice of disconnecting the Tablo from the app and then re-adding it, the result will be that I cannot re-add it. To re-add it, I would have to drive in a car for an hour and a half to transport the stick to be in the same room with the Tablo.

@oppedahl - Unfortunately you may need to wait until you’re back on your home network. Support is back in the office full-time today so you should hear from them soon. They may know of a way to do this differently.

Here is the update for this reported problem. I got in the car and drove an hour and a half to transport the Fire TV stick so that it could be in the same room with the Tablo. And I unpaired and re-paired the stick to the Tablo.

Recall that the reported problem was that the Tablo app on the Fire TV stick only displayed one of the five actually scheduled recordings. And the Tablo app on the Fire TV stick listed a recording but the recording had been previously deleted and was not really there.

The resync took something like 150 seconds but eventually it finished. And yes now the Tablo app on the Fire TV stick shows all five scheduled recordings rather than only showing one like before. Now after the resync it shows no recordings (which is the correct answer). So I guess that fixed the problem with the Tablo app on the Fire TV stick.

Clearly you need a way for a user to be able to force a resync without having to transport the stick in a car for an hour and a half so that it can be in the same room with the Tablo.

Anyway thank you.