Watching while recording

Can you watch a show from the beginning if it is still recording?

Yes, I do it all the time.

Only caveat is that you will not get the preview thumbnails while fast forwarding so you have to fast forward solely on time.

You have two ways of doing this.

1. Go to recordings, and you will see all completed and ongoing recordings. Select the show that it still recording, and it will start at the beginning on most clients.

2. Go to live tv, select the show, and then rewind back to the beginning.

Ok, thanks. I thought you should be able to. I will try again. Didnt seem to work for me first time but I’m also having problem with my app stopping. I’m using chromecast android app.

Unfortunately Chromecast does not allow this.

If this is something you plan to do often, you may want to choose a different playback device.

Ok, thanks.

would have liked to try it last night with the web app but I guess my trial guide subscription expired with no warning or reminder so the show I had scheduled to record last night did not record while I was watching the world series. So far I’m not really very happy with Tablo, would have been nice to know it didn’t work well with Chromecast before I bought 3 of them. I’m also having the same problem as others with Android app stopping as soon as I start playback.