Watch Live TV on Wireless Device (Tablo wired)

I was wondering if anyone is able to watch live TV using a wireless device without constant reloads.  If this is working for you then what devices are you using?

I tried this on a Roku 3, Roku HDMI Streaming Stick, & MBP 2011 and get constant reloads.  I’m using an AP by Ubiquiti.  Running an internet speed test on my network I’m able to download at 55Mb/s which should be fast enough.

I can on Roku 3, Amazon Firestick, Galaxy S5, iPad 2, iMac

I have a Apple Extreme router.

Are you using the Tablo App on the Roku?

Yep no problems on Roku 3 and iPad via wireless N, 2.4 GHz.

What is the make and model of your router?

And yes the Tablo channel on the Roku and Tablo app on the iPad Air.

Sounds like you have some serious WiFi issues.

I guess so.

Here is the AP (UniFi AP) I’m using:
http://www.ubnt.com/unifi/unifi-ap/

Also, I do have a dozen or more WiFi signals around me living in the city.

There are 3 models in that link.

Take your laptop right next to the WiFi AP and see what happens.

On your laptop, since it’s dreaded Apple OS, what browser are you using? Try the Chrome browser.

Testing right now it seems ok, weird.

I had a 480i channel working fine on my Roku stick.

A 1080i on the roku stick is loading constantly.  The same channel played better on my computer but does reload enough to be an issue.

Are you guys watching 1080i channels?

Under the Tablo settings, set the recording quality to 720p Roku / Chromecast.

I tried it and it doesn’t help.  I’m not sure if that setting does anything for live TV.

Yes the recording quality is the quality the Live TV is played to a Tablo. After setting the recording quality try power cycling the Tablo and giving it a try again.

@iam 

The recording quality setting here is ‘global’ in the sense that it will send both 480 and 720p airings at the same ‘bitrate’. 
Is your router using the 2.4 or 5Ghz band?

Hi,

The AP is 2.4 Ghz band.

@theuser86
Thank you, I tested it for a few hours and it’s working without issues.  It’s awesome if it continues likes this.