Volume level too low

We will just have to take broadcast engineer’s good faith on these matters since “they are not a matter of debate”.

“Proper levels are not a matter of debate…” Agreed. Let’s no longer debate.

what are your thoughts on ATSC 3.0? Whats going on with the FCC spectrum actions. Thanks for your feedback on the volume issue. We’ve gotten nowhere with these things here.

I’m an “audio professional” and agreed this is abnormally low volume level.

Is it wrong? Is it right? Who cares?

But when every other streaming device outputs louder volume and amplifiers must be readjusted to compensate, it reflects poorly on the Tablo.

Unfortunately there’s never gonna be a fix for us early adopters but hopefully future build volume levels will be bumped up accordingly.

1 Like

I know you’re a “audio professional”, but you need to also understand that not all of us find it to be “abnormally low”. That doesn’t require professional opinion, it’s simply fact.

Which is the that shouldn’t be that least for us, probably shouldn’t be the “standard” othe “standard” othe that shouldn’t be ther words probably shouldn’t be thing thing will sound really should change. For us, at should change. For us, at least for us, at shouldn’t be thing that shouldn’t be the “standard” othe “standard” othe “standard” other words, Netflix via Roku comes.

Is that English? Doesn’t look like it.

I’m not an audio professional, but…
The Tablo volume output via my Rokus matches what I get from other streaming sources on my TVs.
However, I strictly use only stereo output for my TVs, and that might be the difference.

Same here

Huh???

Debe usar el traductor de google cuando publique aquí.

or

Vous devriez utiliser le traducteur de google avant de poster ici.

Merci beaucoup.

vous êtes les bienvenus

Please Please double the sound. This has drove me nuts for a long time. Does not matter what device I play Tablo on I have to crank the volume. Not true for any other app. Youtube TV is fine, Sling TV is fine. Netflix is fine. Amazon prime is fine. Tablo is not!

Any update at all? What say you tablo. PS other than volume it is a very fine product.

1 Like

Change the Tablo to record the native audio track in its original AC3 audio format (aka surround sound), sound will be untouched. See:

Here it is april 7 2019 and I have the same problem with roku and fire stick on a sony surround sound and I can turn them up to hear but get blasted out when I go to xfinity stream. I also have a toshiba laptop that I can barely hear anything from the tablo and nothing at all if someone even whispers. but all other sources of sound come in loud and clear. so it seems to me it would be coming from the tablo unit itself. I used to install tv’s directv and dish network and dish had at one time a internal volume control that customers would turn real low and you would have to turn the tv up real high just to hear and this kind of reminds me of that except you would get humming or a hissing in the sound.

Have you enabled Surround Sound in the Tablo Settings page? It doesn’t record the native 5.1 AC3 audio stream by default.

Yes I have and lost sound on some channels on my computer but have sound on others. but it didn’t help the volume problem.