Usability questions?

1. While watching a live show. Is there a way to read the synopsis of the show, the same full text seen in the guide? The Preview version shows… Started 6 minutes ago… When pressing Up. Can I see more?
  2. In the guide, why does it not show the 1st aired date, so you know you’re watching an older episode?
  3. What’s the Disconnect option under Settings? Should I disconnect regularly or simply quit the app?
  1. No. Once you are watching a show, there isn’t any guide data. You would have to exit out of the show to see show info (though you could do that, go back in, and rewind what you missed).

2. In the main guide (not the 24 hour live guide), it does show the first airdate.

3. Disconnect is mostly used for those that have 2 or more Tablos. You disconnect from one to connect to another. If you just have a single Tablo, there is no reason to disconnect.

1 Like

What do you mean by the Main Guide?

How do you get to see the Main Guide?

That’s the listing of TV Shows, Movies, or Sports from the main menu.

I’m using the Preview app on Nvidia Shield… Can’t see any aired dates? Anywhere. Do you have a screen shot?

The Preview app doesn’t offer this information yet. It’s something we’d like to add in a future update.

The original Tablo app for Android TV does however offer this info.

Yes, I have noticed. But the Release version buffers a lot I find. The Preview does not. So I’ll stick with the Preview.

Thank you very much. Very much appreciated.

You can use both. One to schedule shows to record, the other to watch.

Actually I use a tablet to schedule, it will not play sound since I have enabled 5.1, but that’s fine I do not plan on watching anything on it. Works well.