UPDATED w/ Results - Tablo User Survey

!!UPDATE!! 

So we promised to share some of the results of the Tablo survey and here they are....

The one I know most of you are antsy about are the order of feature improvements so let's tackle that up front. 

The big winner by a wide margin was 'grid guide on Roku'. (Not surprising given 64% of you use this as your primary Tablo watching device.)

As some of you know, we've recently hired a new developer to focus exclusively on the Roku environment. He's hard at work on a total revamp of the Roku interface and a grid guide is on his to-do list!  

In the short term we'll also be looking at either improvements or solutions for smartphones, hard drive support, Smart TVs and Fire TV. That doesn't mean that the rest of the things on this list won't be addressed. These are all things we want to do in the fullness of time so stay tuned!

1.  Grid guide for Live TV in Roku
2.  Download recordings for offline viewing/storage
3.  Phone apps for iOS/Android
4.  Support for Dolby Surround Sound 
5.  Tablo Connect on Roku
6.  Support for larger/more styles of hard drives
7.  Tablo Connect via password authentication
8.  Native app for SmartTVs
9.  Chromecast from iOS
10. Native app for Amazon Fire TV

Here's the results from some of the other questions that may be of interest:

As you know, we're dedicated to making Tablo more awesome and user feedback is central to this process. 

This is why we'd very much appreciate it if you could take 10 minutes to fill out our short Tablo user survey. Users who complete the survey before Friday September 26th will be entered for a chance to win a Tablo t-shirt! 

I took the survey, but I noticed in the monthly saving category that you have $25-$50, $50-$75, and then jump up to $100 or more.   It looks like you left out the $75-$100 range.

I encourage everyone to take it.  It has some good questions about what to prioritize.

I just ordered mine today so I can’t give good functionality feedback, but still prioritized my want list.

Are you going to share results of the survey?

Done, good survey.

@snowcat - This is why I try to avoid math at all costs.  #-o

@DaveG - Sure, we’ll share some results with you all!

PS - If you want to get in on the draw for the cool Tablo t-shirt and you haven’t filled the survey out yet, make sure to do so before Friday!

Last day to complete the Tablo user survey and be entered in our t-shirt draw!!! 

If we take it more than once, does that mean we have better odds at winning the T-shirt? :wink:

Nope - sorry Max :) 

Hmm… I hope the ROKU grid view wins. 

That was my first choice too, sixy!

Is there a way to see the results?
Out of the choices, grid view for roku was my top choice, too.
Though, I was sorry to see that preview during ff on roku didn’t make the list. At the very least the roku needs the option for 30s skip and 10s rewind.

I don’t get it. Except for seeing “what’s on soon”, I hate the grid guide on my cable-provider’s DVR. I didn’t do the survey and don’t have a roku so maybe I just don’t “get it”.

Were results from this survey ever counted?

The survey is still up.  I’m just wondering if the cutoff date was to get registered for the shirt. 

We have made the draw for the shirts and have distributed them. Things have just been a bit busy so I haven’t had time to make pretty graphs for everyone of the results. Sorry! I’ll try to get to that today.

Updated the original post w/ results! 

well crap. The one thing I really wanted came in last. Should probably just sell this thing now.

well crap. The one thing I really wanted came in last. Should probably just sell this thing now.

I feel your pain.    Roku = Blackberry

I feel your pain. Roku = Blackberry

How can they not see this?

They tell me their CEO wants a FireTV App. Reality to CEO: Go for it and quit wasting your resources on yesterday's hardware.

@jkline @7up - Fear not my friends. The next few months at HQ is all about the living room experience. There may be a ‘firey’ surprise in store for very early 2015 :smiley:

If you read the blurb carefully I said,“In the short term we’ll also be looking at either improvements or solutions for smartphones, hard drive support, Smart TVs and Fire TV.”