Unable to skip ahead while viewing a recorded show

While viewing a recorded show on the Tablo App on my Amazon FireTV. I am unable to skip ahead to miss the commercials. If I stop the show and relaunch I am able to skip ahead. But it only lasts a few times and then stops again. Kind of annoying. I have rebooted the Tablo and Amazon FireTV to see if that helped and it didn’t.

@Firebuff536 - We’ve just tested things out here and it worked. Can you let us know what version of the FireTV app you’re using?

Is this on the FTV box or stick?

It is the latest version on the Amazon App Store.

This is happening on both the Fire TV Stick and FireTV box.

@Firebuff536 - Can you try resetting your router, then your Tablo then your FireTV devices and see if that resolves it?

Keep us posted.

If that doesn’t resolve the issue something else fishy must be occurring.

Still running into issues with not being able to skip ahead. I also just noticed that while on vacation the Tablo did not record any of my shows. I had to reboot and reseat the USB HDD to get in and check things out. I found that the guide has not been updated in 9 days. Not sure what is happening to my Tablo, but losing faith in it as my OTA DVR since the 2.2.2 firmware update. I never had any of these weird issues until after the update. I am constantly having to reboot the Tablo to get it to respond. I can go to my.tablotv.com and it shows “Connecting” but nothing ever shows up until after a reboot.

This is a multitude of issues, no good. I am only asking all these questions below because I have a Fire TV box and I can FF through recordings.

1. What is the make and model of your router?
  2. Is your Tablo hard wired to the router?
  3. Can you setup DHCP reservation for the Tablo on the router? This means that the same IP address is always assigned to the Tablo. This has fixed many issues with devices not being able to connect to the Tablo.
  4. Can you delete the Tablo app from the Fire TV, then Restart the Fire TV, and then install the app again?

@Firebuff536 - Send us a note so we can take a look at your box. It does sound like there’s a few things going on here and we’d like to get you back up & running: http://support.tablotv.com/hc/en-us/requests/new