Turn Recording Off for Live TV

Would it be possible to create an option to turn recording off for Live TV so that channels would tune instantly?

Then if I want to record I could go back to the guide or Recordings and select Record for the programs I want to record or be able to RW or FF?

Thank you,

Don’t think so. Tablo isn’t a OTA TV really. So it always tunes in and transcodes. Just the way it works.

Agree totally! Have always treated it as a recording device with post-processing for delayed (future) viewing. Use my TV tuner for immediate channel cruising.

I wish I had the option to use my TV to channel surf, but unfortunately not possible at the moment :cry: so I am using the Tablo for recording and surfing…

Curious, why is that? Does the TV have a tuner?

Yes it has a tuner, but our TV is located in a spot where running coax directly to it has been outlawed by my wife (and me too, actually)…

I have a splitter divided between Tablo and TV input. Switch inputs for previewing/scanning channels on live TV.

I wish I could use a splitter to do that but running a coax direct to the TV is unfortunately not an option…

Yea, I am in the same situation… And I do like your idea just not sure it is technically possible as it uses HLS streaming and there has to be some files to do so…