Tips & Tricks for Using Tablo on your Smartphone

While we know many of you are pining for native apps for phones (yes, we’ve put it on the to-do list but no, we don’t have an ETA yet) you can use the web-based app on most smartphones and there are tips and tricks for making the experience more app like.

The trick is to set the URL for the web based app (my.tablotv.com) as a button on your home screen. Once you’ve done this, accessing Tablo content on your phone is as easy as launching your new ‘app’. 

Get the full instructions on the Tablo blog: http://www.tablotv.com/blog/tablo-on-your-smartphone

When I try to access this web app, I’m prompted for login.  The only login information I have is I think for this forum, when I use that, it fails.  When I choose, “forgot password” it takes my email address and says its sent instructions to my email, but have multiple attempts, I have yet to get an email.  Exactly what username/password is this asking for and why … nevermind, how do you make this work???

@bromo999 Are you sure you’re navigating to the http://my.tablotv.com/ portal? There’s no login here. You may be trying to log into our knowledge base accidentally.

@bromo999 - Sorry, that link was bad. It’s fixed now!

For future reference, all of our apps are available at www.TabloTV.com/apps

thank you!

Using the browser and an iPhone, if you use airplay to send to an Apple TV, the connection is lost when the phone’s screen is turned off or locks.  It makes it pretty impractical to use as a way to watch on a TV.

Okay… I give up. I can access my Tablo on my iphone, but I can’t watch live TV. I can click on a live show, but I only see options to record. How do I watch the live show? Thanks!

Okay... I give up. I can access my Tablo on my iphone, but I can't watch live TV. I can click on a live show, but I only see options to record. How do I watch the live show? Thanks!

The secret is that you have to click on the channel, not the show itself. I needed help doing that the first time as well.

@pantherman75 - Snowcat is right as usual. Check out this blog post for more tips & tricks on using Tablo on your smartphone