The connection to your Tablo was unexpectedly lost

I received my Tablo Quad today from Amazon. I installed a 2 TB WD Blue disk drive. I connect antenna, power and ethernet to the Tablo. I get a orange light on back of router and a green flashing light on the Tablo and a sold blue on top. I connect to my.tablotv.com from my PC. I get the screen below.
Tablo%20first%20screen%20shot|690x374 I click on Connect and get the message below

I get message saying 'The connection to your Tablo was unexpectedly lost. I unplugged ethernet cable and tried to connect to Tablo via wifi for Iphone and Amazon Fire. I get message saying 'Connecting… multiple times and finally a mesage saying Wi-Fi Connection Failure. Help. What do I need to do?

Thanks

Doesn’t the new quad have a gigabit ethernet port. When using wired ethernet It should auto-negotiate the correct speed with the router. And what speed are the routers ports and are you connecting using at least cat5e?

I think once you try to connect using wired ethernet and you want to switch to WiFi you probably need to unplug the wired and reboot the tablo unit. It should then broadcast a tablo SSID that you connect to so and then configured the routers WiFI SSID/password.

But that is just my guess.

Connect the Tablo to your router using the Ethernet cable (no need to use WiFi unless you have to).

Open the Tablo app in your iPhone. It should detect the Tablo connected to your network and you will be able to setup the Tablo using the iPhone app.

" I get a orange light on back of router and a green flashing light on the Tablo and a sold blue on top"

A flashing orange router port light and a flashing green tablo ethernet port light. Would an orange light be 100 Mbps and a green light be 1 Gbps?

@jm4000

If you try to connect to your Tablo from another app (like on a smartphone or tablet) do you get the same result? Try rebooting the Tablo & reinstalling the app/bringing up a new browser session - does this help?

Yep!