Thanks to the latest update and Harmony remote

Thanks to latest update to Tablo and Harmony remote I got almost most of the functions that my current DVR does. My only issues previously was the resume and the forward. With the latest update the resume is taken care of. I have programmed several buttons on my harmony remote to forward exactly 30 secs, 1 min, 2 mins and 3 mins. Now I am able to skip all the ads pretty fast especially the primetime programs which has exactly 3 to 3:30 mins of ads. 

Interesting.  I’m also using a harmony 700.  How do you program 1, 2, and 3 minute FF?  I wasn’t aware you could choose the length of time for Roku to skip.

You can just program the Harmony to hit the right arrow button 6 times for a 1 minute skip, 12 times for a 2 min skip, and 18 times for a 3 min skip.  Same with rewind.  

Cool!!! I assume you’re programming the Harmony to be the Roku remote?

Yes exactly as snowcat said. Just use sequence instead of commands for the buttons.

I will try it. :slight_smile:

Tried it.  My observation is, you actually see it click ahead for every single 10 second advance.  It’s nice to have it automated, but it’s slow.  Is this how it works for you too?

I also notice that commercials can really be 2:30, 3:00, 3:30, or even 4:00 in the same show.  I really miss my FF preview on my PVR. :slight_smile:

It depends on how much is cached. My wifi network is very fast and hence when I click the forward you can see it for only a blink of a sec before it moves 3 mins. Sometimes it is slow and you can actually see it click.

Most of the primetime shows has around 3:30 mins. And some shows in my33 has 6 mins(like big bang theory). I am kind of getting used to the different times so use multiple buttons like a 3 mins and then a 30 secs during primetime.

Still faster and somewhat accurate then forwarding it manually.