Tablo tuners 3 &4 died

@tabloTV - I am ready and standing by, I replied to my trouble ticket today by email for @tablosupport and so far have no reply. Just trying to get back up and running. Was wondering if the support guy called in sick today or something

@sleeper - Nope, Mondays are just a busy day since he’s got to dig out from the weekend as well. We do try to clear all tickets every single weekday so he’ll get to you today! 

@TabloTV - thanks! sounds like it is time to get a second body in support “department”

@TabloTV - never heard back from @TabloSupport and now you guys are closed again for yet another day. I know you guys are small but this is beyond frustrating.

@Sleeper I sent off an email a short while ago - our sincere apologies that we weren’t able to get back to you quickly enough. We’ll do what we can to get you up and running with your new unit ASAP.

@TabloSupport - I replied with the mac address as you requested almost immediately, did you get that? would love to be able to record tonights tv if we can get the HD migration done.

@Sleeper

You can still record tonight’s TV if you plan to watch it before Tablo helps you with the DB migration tomorrow - do you have a 2nd HDD lying around to initialize just for tonight? It is unlikely someone will be working at 7 PM to help you unfortunately.

@theuser86 the problem with that idea is then I have two separate HD's each with data on them that cannot be migrated together. So I am at that point stuck with choosing drive A or B going forward. That also would require me to setup everything to record all over again which is exactly what I was trying to avoid here, well that and trying to save my old recordings.

I realize this isn't the one guy in supports fault so please @TabloSupport (David as I have begun to know you over the last week) understand my frustration isn't with you personally but the executives at tablo fault for the utter lack of a support staff to support your product!

After just 4 months of ownership (bought the "lifetime membership" too) and a full on failure of my tablo combined with the 4 days of no help in migrating data other than being told "it can be done easily" to my replacement unit that I purchased from amazon because the tablo replacement being shipped to me is who knows where (still have no tracking number for it) meanwhile amazon was able to sell me a new one and deliver it 3 days ago (yes on a Saturday amazon delivered the one I ordered Friday night) I am just burned out on this tablo thing right now, frustrated doesn't begin to describe.

And to top it off I still never received a reply of if my replacement unit from tablo (when and if it ever ships) will be a new unit or a refurb (someone elses junk that already broke), my guess is the refurb which is frustrating considering mine was practically new.

In conclusion I went from a huge @TabloTV fan that would have recommended it to anyone and everyone to a user that honestly cant recommend it at all because I honestly feel like I paid to be in the beta, to be part of the experiment. For many of us here on this site that are IT nerds (yes I am) this may be tolerable but this is not a product I can recommend to my family and friends at least not anytime soon.

@Sleeper

You already complained in the thread linked below. And it was correctly pointed out that no other DVR on the market right now would let you migrate your previous recordings from one device to a replacement device if the original device failed. Thus, you should be happy this is even an option for you.

If you had purchased any other DVR currently on the market, you’d have no help with this matter at all, EVER. You’d just lose all your recordings and have to move on. Why such the ridiculous expectations of a feature that was never promised to you when you bought the Tablo?

http://community.tablotv.com/discussion/1461/does-anyone-know-how-to-migrate-db-on-harddrive-from-old-tablo-to-a-new-replacement-tablo

At least Tablo has an external drive meaning it CAN be done at all. Other DVRs - at least those few I’m aware of, unless PC-based, would have an internal drive and if they fail, well, it’s the whole unit that goes back to the company or retailer.

I hate being stuck with a single plan so I guess me, personally, I’d grab one of the two Python scripts here and at least get the existing recordings saved off to a PC as something less than ideal is better than nothing at all. 
An external drive is a HUGE plus, a reasonable open design - allowing others to “go in and access internal information” is another big plus. 
It’s an immature product and I guess if I’m honest with myself, I read a ton of reviews (ok, so it was only a half ton) and all said “new” and so on, so I bought into a product that wasn’t sold in local department stores and wasn’t 2 or 3 years old mature yet. 
I think I said I never like having only a plan A… for now I keep the DVD recorder in place and ready and have recently (after last night’s missing Scorpion) cleared off some DVD-RWs and decided to record things on DVD in parallel with the Tablo until I’m more easy with it and can remember that if a game goes long, I have to set up Tablo for manual recordings and “go long”. It means I have to go ahead and record 2 hours for every 1 hour show after a game, or watch for the end of the game by flipping channels and then record when I realize the game is over (we never watch games so never really know when they’ll end so we can record  (a bad thing with programming your recordings off the program guide)

I’ve not been here long but it would appear to me that tuner death isn’t common. I’d say in fact it appears to be rare. They’ll want to know just what the heck happened. 

@theuser86 - thanks for the copy and paste reply to two separate threads, please see the thread you have referenced for my answer to your question.