Tablo Support Rocks :)

Just wanted everyone to know that Tablo support is great.  To make a very long story short, I had two different hard drives go wonky and fail within a couple of days of each other.  One drive had been hooked up to the Tablo for a long time and I had two seasons’ worth of programs recorded.  All of a sudden I had issues. I couldn’t record or the Tablo reported that no hard drive was connected.  I took another hard drive and used that with the same results.  I emailed Tablo support and they did a lot of remote testing and had suggestions.  I was convinced that my Tablo was at fault.  However, I eventually realized that it was the drives that were the issue.  I borrowed another drive from my son and that worked flawlessly.  I then ordered a new WD “Elements” drive and have been happy since then.  The whole process took over a week.  The Tablo support was fantastic and understanding.  Kudos to the Tablo support team.  

@sfracek - Thanks for the kind message!

The team @TabloSupport works really hard and they certainly appreciate the :x

Sorry your hard drive died but we’re very glad it all worked out in the end. 

(And it goes to show that the foresight of not putting a hard drive IN the Tablo was smart!)

(And it goes to show that the foresight of not putting a hard drive IN the Tablo was smart!)

Amen to that. I NEVER questioned that part of the Tablo system. It always made sense to me - I never buy “all-in-one” printers, either - yuk. I want to pick the best parts and make a system so if one part fails, I replace it and move on, or at the worst, the rest still works.

Yup. Like, back in the day, buying a TV with a VCR built in (dating myself here).  

Oh I remember those as well! The guy who had one on our dorm floor was super popular. I can recall 30 people jammed into a room watching the 20" screen. 

I don’t even want to know what was on the VHS tape…

Yup. Like, back in the day, buying a TV with a VCR built in (dating myself here).  

At least if you do that you’ll never be stood-up.

Oh, that’s not what you meant, old man, sorry. 
LOL, talk about the pot calling the kettle black there.

Oops - the original topic. Yeah, they do, and so do the engineers that built-in all sorts of neat troubleshooting tools and so on so their support can support these devices more easily. Someone was THINKING ahead in time that’s for sure.