Tablo stuck in reboot

My Tablo is stuck in reboot mode. I have power cycled the router, power cycled the Tablo, even tried the reset button on the back, it never stops blinking to be able to add it to my network. It just blinks at me the whole time. I have tried both WiFi and Ethernet connections, but since it never completes booting and the blue LED never stops flashing, I can’t get it added. The strange thing is that I can see the Tablo device on my WiFi network. I got the IP address and can even ping the device successfully. So it’s on the network, it just never reboots to be able to do anything with it. Anyone else encounter this? Any suggestions?

Since you didn’t mention how your Tablo’s light was blinking, maybe this article can help you to determine what exactly is going on.

It is blinking very rapidly indicating that the Tablo is starting up and loading the OS, but NEVER stops and becomes solid.

Disconnect the hard drive and restart, just to rule that out. If that doesn’t do the trick you may have to resort to a factory reset.

I had a 2-tuner OG that got into a similar state years ago. I thought it was a goner, but I finally got it working by doing a 30/30/30 reset. (Hold reset button down for 30 secs, pull power keeping reset button pressed wait 30 seconds, then restore power while still holding reset for 30 more seconds). That is what I had to do, but use the documented Tablo factory reset process first (if needed).

Shuckins, I say. Disconnecting the hard drive has no effect on the situation. Lights continue to indicate it is still booting up.

I did the 30/30/30 routine as well. No change in results. Still appears to be booting up.

What should happen to the lights when you press the reset button? Should it stop and then restart? It almost acts like the reset button does nothing, no impact on the situation at all.

Another thing to try is a different power adapter. Tablo sells them for $12, and some folks have bought a higher amperage one from Amazon (link to thread).

Though you may want to contact Tablo support to see if they have other ideas.

Although you tried the 30/30/30 reset, did you try the Tablo documented reset procedure? Even though your Tablo doesn’t appear to boot, maybe there is some helpful info in the article.

I will take a look at the article for potential information. However, I can’t do the reset procedure either because the device never boots completely to do anything with it.

I have done the 30/30/30 reset but it didn’t do anything to help either.

I have not tried a different power adapter. I will take a look at the link you sent from Amazon to see what it says.

I had not thought of trying a different adapter. I will have to go through my “extra” supply of adapters to see what I have that might work I do have a couple of universal adapters as well that might give additional amperage.

Thanks for the idea!