Tablo Stalling out when fast forwarding a recorded program

I have a similar problem, mate. I didn’t have these types of problems until the Roku programme updated to 8 something. I save my saltiness for the Roku because of their manky updates.

I am having the same trouble but not on all my Roku’s. My Roku premiere+ that is runing 8.0.1 code is stalling on FF and slow response times. My two Roku 3’s that are stuck at code 8.0.0 have zero problems interacting with my Tablo. Something is off with that 8.0.1 code and Tablo.

Tablo knows it, has said as much and are working on a fix.

Understandable that TABLO knows it-- but this issue, along with the channels being mislabeled, has been going on for more than 5 weeks. I just cannot wrap my mind around why their Techs and ROKU Techs can’t get their act together and solve these issues. I am a frustrated customer!!

Roku breaks the Tablo app every couple of years. Everybody points fingers at each other, but, ultimately they will get it fixed.

This is the best reason to keep a Nexus Player around the house . . .

We do have a fix for this in the next firmware update, but we believe that the guide provider has also reversed the change that caused this in the first place. Running a new channel scan should resolve this issue for you.

As for Roku, they’re a huge public company in California and we’re a small Canadian company. While we have some contacts there, and we have shared details of this issue with them, they generally do things on their own time unless Netflix or ESPN or some other global monopoly is yelling at them.

In the meantime, we do our best to tapdance around whatever change they’ve made in their proprietary code (which we can’t see).

1 Like

I do appreciate it and I certainly understand. It’s just a bit frustrating to have it out of our collective control. Thanks for the note.

it has been a few weeks and this issue is still happening. getting very frustrated. Crashed during events very important to me. Is the fix coming soon? Im not giving up. just expressing my frustrations.

Well, this is the Christmas/New year “down-time” season and Tablo has most of their folks on holiday, with only a skeleton tech support staff on limited hours. Guess it’ll be at least a week into the new year before anything materializes.

https://community.tablotv.com/t/tablo-support-2017-holiday-hours/13704/2

I have the same stalling problem with my Nexus Player & 4 tuner Tablo. Fast forward and it will stall at some point and will either restart the Tablo (less frequent) or will resume/allow fast forward. Wife not happy in either circumstance. Setup is hard wired and controlled by Logitech Harmony Hub.

LG app has had this issue for awhile. Will freeze or rewind to start if FF past the end of live TV.

We are living with frequent freezes after fast fwd and/or rewind, like skipping commercials. Really like Tablo and Roku since cutting cord a few months ago but these freezes are too much to put up with. Sometimes have to wait 3 to 7 minutes before it resumes.

We have 4 tvs with Roku - 2 on wifi 2 hard wired. Latest software on all (new). Same issues on all.

Tablo guys have said it’s their #1 priority to get a fix for this. Hang in there.

l had the same issue when running my Roku 2s. The fast forwards could get painfully slow. I have not had that problem with the Ultra but perioically the TV attached to the Ultra goes blank for about 15 to 30 seconds and then comes back. It will happen a couple of times and then goes away. Not certain whither it is an HD issue, Roku or Tablo. Since it is just a few second and not contiuious, I have been waiting. It started happening when my 3-T WD Passport drive started get close to 1-T of recorded programs recorded. Waiting to see what flushes out in the up coming updates.If it happens again I may switch my Roku Ultra from either to wifi to see if the prblem still occurs.

The screen going blank while playing a recorded program did not happen when using the Roku 2.

Unfortunately, RUKO is one of the “big kids on the block” and it seems that they are taking their time to address the needs of one of the “new kids on the block-TABLO”. I spoke with one of the Tablo techs and inquired as to whether or not they are having the same problems with Amazon Fire TV or other devices. Basically he said that the ROKU was the only one that they are having those issues with. I decided to use my ROKU on another TV in our house where we watch other I-Net based TV (Netflix, Amazon, Sling, etc) and it works beautifully-- as long as I stay off of Tablo. I ordered a Amazon Fire TV(which is fairly inexpensive) and it has “ZERO” issues like the ROKU is having. Plus, we love how the Amazon interfaces with out Amazon Prime Video and Music and other Apps. We are back to enjoying TABLO on our main TV with no frustrations at all and the TV in the other room is working great – minus what Table, which we weren’t using on the tv anyway. Good luck TABLO Techs with your journey with RUKO.

I had that issue previously. Now I have the worse issue where my Tablo simply becomes unresponsive and I have to physically power it down to restore it. Which would you rather have? I know which one I’d choose. :smiley:

1 Like

New to Tablo and New to this Forum.
Been testing the 4 Tuner Tablo for about two weeks. My first issue was that my local NBC station broke up so badly it was not viewable. Switched to 1080 10MBS and that issue went away.

Getting to the point, while testing the Tablo I was recording two shows and watching two shows in different rooms. Playback was good up until I tried FFW. Either playback would LOCK UP the Tablo completely. It would finally recover itself if I waited or the blue reset would clear up immediately.

Read somewhere in Troubleshooting that the lock ups might be helped using a 5G or 5K (whatever it is) Wireless router.
I was using a standard CenturyLink wireless router, don’t know what speed it is. I dusted off an older Linksys Dual Band Wireless Router and connected it parallel to my CenturyLink running only my 3 Roku’s across the dual band Wireless Router. My Tablo is hardwired to the router via Ethernet. I am using 3 Wireless Roku Express units.

For about an hour last evening I was able to record 2 shows and playback two more in different rooms with very fast FFW response. My Primary router was running EVERYTHING in the house as well as my Roku’s, Probably had it overloaded.
Hope this helps.

J C

Monday A.M. additional info:
During Football Sunday I performed another test. Set 3 programs to record, started Football LIVE on main TV, streamed two more recordings to other 2 Roku’s in the bedrooms. Total of 3 recordings and 3 watched at once.
All worked well, no problem with FFW Pause & Rewind on any of the playbacks. I think the Tablo is a keeper!!

JC, Thanks for the feedback. This problem in intermittent and inconsistant. Sometimes you can FFWD or RWD repeatedly without a freeze, other times it freezes on one hit. If you test it repeatedly it will freeze. It may take 6 or 8 or 10 times. It should never freeze just from FFWD or RWD.
My Tablo is on ethernet not wifi. I have 4 Roku. 2 on cable 2 on wifi. Doesn’t matter.
Love this product. Only had it a few months. Tablo is aware. Evidently a new problem since a recent firmware update. Anxious for a fix. Meanwhile sticking to single speed FFWD and as little ad possible minimizes the times I have to wait 5 minutes to resume.