Tablo Stalling out when fast forwarding a recorded program

Then maybe @tablotv or @TabloSupport would be a little more forthcoming? It does seem to be bitrate-dependent, since the constant bitrate vs adaptive bitrate was what TabloTV focused on in an earlier post.

I usually only have problems on my wired, 4200x Roku 3, during prime time. I have free tuners when the problem occurs. It doesn’t freeze, but slows down and and the preview thumb nails go blank. Then I use the elapsed time on the timer. When the problem occurs, it is sporadic. It happens for both old and new recordings.

My wifi 2720x, Roku 2 usually just slows down. Before the last upgrade the last upgrade, it did not stop but got very slow. Now it is better.

Why is my problem worse during prime time, when I have tuners free. I do not understand the preview generation process. I usually reboot all my eqipment before I go to bed. An old habit from the PC days.

Still it is better than the cable days. I feel the problems will be resolved and we get ocassional feed back.

My Tablo (4 tuner) crashes/hangs when you try to fast forward far ahead. It will either remain hanged or begin playing again after a long period of time (5 to 20) minutes. This started about two weeks ago. Not sure whats going on yet.

This is a known issue with the newest ROKU firmware. Please make sure you have the latest Tablo ROKU channel. Additional workarounds are in beta testing at the moment.

What are you referring to when you say to have the latest “roku channel”?

Each menu option on your Roku is a channel. This update is for the Tablo channei on the Roku. Your Roku will probably get this update automatically but you can force the update by going to settings>systems>system update on the menu on your Roku.

You can check to verify the Tablo Channel version on your Roku by starting the Tablo channel in your Roku menu. Once your Tablo channel is running, the Tablo menu will have the name of your Tablo at the top of the menu and selectig this option will show your disk storage usage, your Tablo firmware version and the Version of the Tablo Channel software on your Roku. It should be Channel 2.3 Build 2. Otherwise go back to your Roku and force a system update to get the channel update from the settings option on your Roku menu.

This reference to the Tablo channel for the Roku can get a little confusing because Roku just added something called the Roku channel to their options for the new movie option being offered being by Roku. The Tablo forum uses the term, Roku Channel, to distinquish between the Tablo software for the Roku and the Tablo software on the Amazon Fire, etc…

Thank you. Done!

Has there been any progress? I’m still getting freeze ups on Roku when watching recorded sports and I move a bit more quickly. I hope this is fixed soon.

I have a similar problem, mate. I didn’t have these types of problems until the Roku programme updated to 8 something. I save my saltiness for the Roku because of their manky updates.

I am having the same trouble but not on all my Roku’s. My Roku premiere+ that is runing 8.0.1 code is stalling on FF and slow response times. My two Roku 3’s that are stuck at code 8.0.0 have zero problems interacting with my Tablo. Something is off with that 8.0.1 code and Tablo.

Tablo knows it, has said as much and are working on a fix.

Understandable that TABLO knows it-- but this issue, along with the channels being mislabeled, has been going on for more than 5 weeks. I just cannot wrap my mind around why their Techs and ROKU Techs can’t get their act together and solve these issues. I am a frustrated customer!!

Roku breaks the Tablo app every couple of years. Everybody points fingers at each other, but, ultimately they will get it fixed.

This is the best reason to keep a Nexus Player around the house . . .

We do have a fix for this in the next firmware update, but we believe that the guide provider has also reversed the change that caused this in the first place. Running a new channel scan should resolve this issue for you.

As for Roku, they’re a huge public company in California and we’re a small Canadian company. While we have some contacts there, and we have shared details of this issue with them, they generally do things on their own time unless Netflix or ESPN or some other global monopoly is yelling at them.

In the meantime, we do our best to tapdance around whatever change they’ve made in their proprietary code (which we can’t see).

1 Like

I do appreciate it and I certainly understand. It’s just a bit frustrating to have it out of our collective control. Thanks for the note.

it has been a few weeks and this issue is still happening. getting very frustrated. Crashed during events very important to me. Is the fix coming soon? Im not giving up. just expressing my frustrations.

Well, this is the Christmas/New year “down-time” season and Tablo has most of their folks on holiday, with only a skeleton tech support staff on limited hours. Guess it’ll be at least a week into the new year before anything materializes.

https://community.tablotv.com/t/tablo-support-2017-holiday-hours/13704/2

I have the same stalling problem with my Nexus Player & 4 tuner Tablo. Fast forward and it will stall at some point and will either restart the Tablo (less frequent) or will resume/allow fast forward. Wife not happy in either circumstance. Setup is hard wired and controlled by Logitech Harmony Hub.

LG app has had this issue for awhile. Will freeze or rewind to start if FF past the end of live TV.