Tablo Schedule off by 1 hour

I have noticed that the schedule is off by 1 hour during prime time. The problem is the wrong show is being recorded and placed under the wrong name. An example is last night on channel 4 in Denver Magnum PI was the listing, but the video was for Hawaii 5 O, Also when the Tablo schedule said it was Blue Bloods it was recording Magnum PI. How can I fix this. It’s causing me to miss shows I wanted and record shows I don’t want.

So the actual guide data is off by one hour?

Or is the time on your Tablo just not configured properly?

Chances are it has you in a different time zone somehow for some reason. Tablo doesn’t user your zip code as this would make sense, it’s based off your IP from you inter service provider.
Tablo FAQs: Do I Need Internet to Use a Tablo OTA DVR?

Each time your Tablo OTA DVR turns on, it will check for something called the Network Time Protocol (NTP) which tells the system what year, date, and time it is in your location. Your home router will pass this info on from your ISP, which identifies your location based on your IP address.

If by chance you are in some proximity of a time zone line, and your service provider’s network traces over the line… network magic might put you where you don’t belong.

Then again, maybe it’s just messed up. There’s is no means to enter your own time zone, or NTP server. You’ll probably have to contact @TabloSupport for recourse. (I bet they have a way to take care of it)

WAIT. It sets time from your IP… stumped on this - time zone is set from device used for setup

The time is correct. The schedule is off. Blue bloods was on at 9 pm, but the schedule said it was on at 8 pm

And if you recently did a channel scan followed by an update did the device used have the corrct time and time zone. And did a power off reboot correct the time?

The guide isn’t sent to the tablo with “local” times for the shows. It sends out the shows in UTC (maybe based on time zones), and tablo ciphers it out to local time.

So confirm the tablo displays the correct current time.

Tried Updating the guide. Seems to be working will see if it continues to work.

Cool, but that post I referenced was for “run a channel scan”… hope you did that before updating the guide, after checking the time displayed on the live TV screen.

The Tablo has me in Westminster Colorado which is correct. I am write in the middle of the Mountain Time zone. Could be a Daylight savings error?

Yes I did.

If it helps I am in Colorado Springs, and the guide data is correct Hawaii 5-oh is 7:00 - 8:00 Magnum PI 8:00-9:00 and Blue Bloods 9:00-10:00. Try setting your zip code to a neighboring zip code. Manually edit the location and reload the guide data.