Tablo Ripper, MCEBuddy and the extra 5 minutes

I just recently started using Tablo Ripper and MCEBuddy to free up space on the Tablo harddrive and watch shows via Plex. Tablo seems to be adding 5 minutes to end of all my shows. Has anyone figured out a way to automatically remove the show snippet that comes on after the show I recorded? I know that I can go through MCEBuddy and manual remove the extra, but that seems to be a pain…at least at first since I am ripping everything for the first time.

1 Like

Yeah just go into settings and turn the over run down to… Oh wait, :hushed:

I am still holding out hope that this will be a setting one day

1 Like

Okay. I figured it out. In MCEBuddy, there is an expert settings button in the conversion task window. You can trim X seconds from the end of the file. Setting it to 300 cuts off the 5 minutes that Tablo adds prior to removing the commercials.

1 Like

Yeah, I ran in to that as well… Since the tacked on 5 minutes was actual show and not commercials, they weren’t removed.

By the way, I have the paid version of MceBuddy and Comskip, and they’r e a LOT faster than the free versions. I was wondering, tho… MceBuddy is a nice interface for Comskip, but it seems to me that it may be taking extra, unnecessary time . Since Tablo Ripper already extracts the show in mp4 format, I wonder if it’s possible to run MceBuddy just to cut the commercials, and not do any conversion of format, rather than converting from mp4 to mp4? Would that speed up the process significantly?

Edit: I erroneously referred to paid versions of MceBuddy and Comskip. They’re actually more properly referred to as Donator versions.

Just be aware that if all tuners are needed for scheduled recordings on other channels, you will NOT get the extra 5 minutes. So be careful doing that trim on all programs…

1 Like

Just select MP4 Unprocessed under Profile in the Conversion Task screen.

-Rodger

3 Likes

Thanks, Roger! Don’t know how I missed that… maybe it’s time for glasses :wink:

Edit: Wow! That cut down significantly on processing time. Less than a half hour to process a 1 hour show on an old Pentium laptop. I could kick myself for missing the MP4 Unprocessed setting.

1 Like

I only see MP4 high quality, normal, and fast, no option for unprocessed (MCEBuddy 2.3.13). Is this a limitation of the version I’m on?

Scroll down. It should be the 7th from the bottom.

-Rodger

1 Like

My seventh choice from the bottom is bottom is “PSP high resolution.” It sure seems like it’s probably related to the version I’m on, the newest available freebie. I would be glad to donate for the newer version, if I knew that mp4 unprocessed was definitely going to show up for me, the extra conversion adds a very long wait time to get it from Tablo to Plex. Can anyone else confirm that the mp4 unprocessed choice that is not available in MCEBuddy 2.3.13 does get added in later versions? Thanks!

“MP4 Unprocessed” is definitely present in MCEBuddy 2.4 Release 4 (the paid version).