Tablo Ripper - Automatically download new recordings

Sorry I have nothing wrong with Tablo Ripper for you to figure out CycleJ. I suppose I could try to break something if you really need some extra stuff to work on. Well maybe not, I might miss getting a recording done. You’ll just have to be satisfied with folks that have real problems for you to look at every now and again.

On a side note, I am pretty amazed at your talent and your cost for this pretty amazing program.

-Rodger

2 Likes

You’re doing a great job on this, and it’s truly a service to the community of Tablo users. I’m impressed with your responsiveness to feedback here… how quickly you’re able and willing to find and fix issues as they crop up, as well as adding new features to Tablo Ripper. In my case, I don’t use it all the time (primarily those rare instances when I have to do a factory reset, but also pulling off shows to watch when I travel and don’t have an internet connection) but it’s nice to have the capability when I need it.

I also discovered that with my new Nexus Player, I can play the downloaded mp4 files directly on my big screen living room TV, and one of the neat features is that when I fast forward through commercials, the image on the screen is just like what I used to get on my DirecTV DVR… you still see the video filling up the entire screen, only much faster.

Anyway, thanks again for a job well done!

4 Likes

@simeon @Lemus
You guys are right - I just added validation the Tablo list returned by Nuvyyo before adding each Tablo to my local list, and now bad entries are no longer available to create confusion/problems. Give the new version a try when you get a chance.

@marjamar
Please don’t feel obligated to create problems - I have a day job that keeps me plenty busy :sunny:

@lkahhan
Large companies have a practice called “dog fooding” (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=dogfooding+(to+dogfood)). I use this app all the time, but not every feature. That’s where you guys help keep me honest.

And that’s a truly cool feature on your Nexus Player. Now if they’d only add Amazon Prime, I could sell my Roku collection.

@CycleJ ok i did some testing first i hooked up my 32bit system and by switching to IP address it works there too now, i installed 1.5.1 on my 64bit and now my girlfriends Tablo is no longer in the list i took out the IP and made it go by name i have to hit the refresh a few times to get my tablo content to show up otherwise it is blank, but it has the same error as before except my girl friends tablo no longer shows up in the name field before it errors out, i have rebooted a few times i have enabled logging and it is the same size or same amount of info in the log file and in the log i still see my girlfriends Tablo infact it says its my default tablo then i switched back to IP and problem goes away, I have to go to work so i will check in latter tonight if you need more testing from me, i do love it in IP mode it is so much faster and i am able to make my tablo IP Static with my router Static-DHCP settings, Thankyou .

That’s one of the issues with the Nexus Player… I don’t use Amazon Prime, currently, but I do use and have $20 in credit for Vudu, which I get on the Roku but not the Nexus Player. A few other apps I use are missing as well. Surprising that’s the case, because they’re available for my android smart phone.

Amazon is my backup when I have a Tablo misfire (for whatever reason), and for cable shows we still enjoy. Buying a show or the occasional series is still cheaper than cable/satellite. Vudu is price competitive, but we’ve already gone down the Amazon path. But I’ll keep my eye on the Nexus Player :slight_smile:

I just downloaded the ripper from drop box, when I tried to run it Panda anti-virus flagged it.

Before I un-quarantine it, can I get a good check sum or MD5 value?

In my case I said previously that the Roku will be out so fast if it starts acting up. This reminds me of a tree I had a few years ago. I planted the tree and it wasn’t growing as it should. It was the last to come alive in spring and the first to shed leaves in autumn. I read somewhere that if you gave a tree a good bash with a baseball bat that would awaken it. So in front of the tree one spring I told my wife if this tree doesn’t shape up, it’s getting a few whacks with the bat! Well low and behold, the tree started showing signs of life and has become a solid performer since the verbal threat. No bat was ever applied.

I mentioned to my wife - IN FRONT OF THE ROKU - it’s been placed on attention. Any LPWs and the baseball bat comes out and into the dumpster. To be replaced by a Nexus Player. We’ll see if the Roku, like the tree, heard the threat…

BTW No, no, no…this is not arbor abuse. Don’t call the environmental squad.

1 Like

I just downloaded the current version of Tablo Ripper and Kaspersky Total Security scan doesn’t see anything wrong with it.

-Rodger

Here’s the MD5:
0038A6A8A723FBBB44C6DA3DC5A1C667 tabloripper_1_5_1.msi

Probably flagged because it’s not signed using a CA certificate. That costs $$$. But here’s my rationale - signing the app would certify you got it from “me”. There’s still the matter of trust regarding “me” (I’m not Google), so the certificate doesn’t help as to whether you want to install/use the app. Just that it came from “me”. And yes, the MD5 does the same thing.

By downloading directly from the link in the OP, you’re also assured you got your copy from “me”. A certificate would help if there were alternate download sites, but I’m sticking to this one (well, two if you happen to read the documentation).

Hope that helps :sunglasses:

1 Like

It’s overused, but FOTFLMAO applies to my reaction to your vignette…

Works for me, but just like the red lights in your car… when they go off it is good to check it out.

Thanks
Carl

Totally agree, and not trying to be preachy, but this has been asked/answered before, and I’m hopeful anyone else with the same false positive might trip over the explanation. So I was going for ‘completeness’ this time around.

Just installed the update.
Now only showing one Tablo and working great without having to force the static IP address.
Thanks so much for the great support!

Best,
Simeon

1 Like

Still have another tweak to make for @Lemus in the same area, but glad it’s all good for you.

@CycleJ Sorry dose not work my tablo shows up in name of tablo above but no shows below and i know i have 2 shows left on my tablo, i did a rip this morning i tried reloading and rebooting and nothing, i made you some more log to look at in this log i tried refreshing my tablo 5 times with no luck on shows

Has anybody gotten this to work on Linux with wine ???
I tried it, and it needed wine-mono, then wine_gecko.
I got those installed, but now the wine glass just bobs up and down for a while then disappears.

Wine acts like it’s been drinking to much on everything I’ve every tried it on for years and years.

-Rodger

After mashing keys, trying to get this to work, I might have to go out and get a few bottles - although I prefer Beer :slight_smile:

@CycleJ using 1.5.6 & it can’t locate my tablo. Tablo Exporter is locating it so tablo doesn’t appear to be the issue.