Tablo reliability?

I was asking @sodaman_2000.

Iā€™m not sure what you are asking, but I just have the 2tb seagate portable drive plugged into the Tablo and the fan is plugged into a usb on the power strip.

@sodaman_2000 - That cooler plate has a ā€œpass through USBā€, which means you can vampire power off of a peripheral. I was just wondering if you were doing that with the Tabloā€™s USB port.

I bought my 4-tuner Tablo about 6 weeks ago and for the most part it has worked. But I had a few times when it only recorded half the show but said it recorded all of it and a time or two it didnā€™t record. One of the last times was my fault because the antenna got moved and wasnā€™t working properly, but the others Iā€™m not sure. Tablo help said that it could be my Hard drive was disconnecting from the network or my HDMI cable was bad. I had also hooked up a USB fan (laptop cooler) around the time of my issue. I have since unplugged the fan and I think I switched out the HDMI cord-but I use the cord on another device with no issue. Since doing those 2 things, I have not had recording problems but I have found that every couple weeks or so I have to log into the Tablo with my phone so I can watch recorded shows while at work. If I donā€™t log in every couple weeks, the ip address changes or something and I canā€™t watch remotely. Despite the bumpy start, I have decided to keep the Tablo and bought the lifetime guide subscription. The Tablo community is great and the email help is dedicatedā€¦they work weekends! Tablo also seems to have the best features for the price and I love the remote viewing option.

2 Likes

Did you try assigning your Tablo a permanent IP address, Hobbes? (You would do this via your routerā€™s utility, accessed through your computerā€™s Web browser.)

the ā€œmore correctā€ term, and more importantly the label that the routers usually use for the feature @Warunicorn is referencing, is DHCP reservationā€¦

1 Like