Tablo Relay Service

I would love to be able to use the Tablo outside without having to port forward. Plex has their relay service, I would love something like this for the Tablo.

How much are you willing to pay for this? In addition to the current fee? Because it costs real money to do this.

I was thinking instead of relying video thru their servers, they could use their server as a STUN server or something like that just to connect the dots between the client and the Tablo device.

Plex can actually do this without port forwarding? How does it get around your router firewall?

The Plex relay server actually does relay the video. Don’t think this would actually work well since Tablo is not as flexible on transcoding as Plex is.

Limitations

When relaying a connection through us, there are limitations for the streaming qualities you can use:

• Free users are limited to 1 Mbps maximum for streams
  • Plex Pass subscribers are limited to 2 Mbps maximum for streams

I don’t use the relay service as I have a port forwarded on my router to my Plex server.

Correct they do, but I don’t see why Tablo couldn’t just be a connector for connecting the two devices together. That’s why I said do it differently than plex does.

2 Mbps, that is going to be poor quality.

I’m not sure it’s technically possible to do it the way you’re thinking.