Tablo Quad suddenly died

Tablo Quad here.

Everything was working fine last night. Watched the news, etc. Then this morning I get the weak signal message on all channels. I rebooted the Tablo and router several times and nothing changes. I try the rescan and it immediately tells me “no channels were found in your area”. I check all the connections between the antenna and Tablo and all seem fine. In fact I disconnected the cable into the Tablo and connected my small portable tv and it receives all channels fine. Reconnect the Tablo and still dead.

Help!

Power supply?

Power supply is fine. I can still view my recordings. Problem seems to be in signal input area or tuners.

On A two tuner it it possible to over tighten the coax and break the conductor inside the RF connector, resulting in a weak signal. I have not taken my Quad apart so I do not know if the quad has the same style connector. It is also possible to repair the broken conductor, if you are handy with a soldering iron.

Running the tuners takes more power than playing back the recordings. It could be the power supply.

I agree with @FlyingDiver, I’d try a new power adapter to rule it out.
It’s good to have a spare, in any case.
They’re $12:
https://www.tablotv.com/products/replacement-tablo-power-supply/

I disagree, if the power supply is the problem, the Op should not able to view and play the recorded videos.

Not necessarily true. As @FlyingDiver said, recording actually pulls more power so if the power supply is starting to fail, that could very well be one of the symptoms. I also say this from experience as it’s happened to me in the past. I was having problems with recordings failing and replaced the power supply and the problem was resolved.

Well, Tablo connected remotely and determined that the tuners had failed. The sent a replacement.
For the heck of it, I tried the new power supply first. No success.
New Tablo now setup and I am good to go.

Good job Tablo customer service!!

Great! Glad you got it resolved!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.