Tablo Not Finding Channels

I know this question has probably been asked before but why isn’t my Tablo finding some channels that I get on other TV’s in the house. I even did a channel scan first through my TV and it picks up the channels fine.

See this thread, it may help for differences in signal strength on HDTV tuner vs Tablo tuners:
https://community.tablotv.com/t/pixelization-causing-skipping-of-several-seconds-at-a-time-making-it-impossible-to-watch-anything

A few questions for you:

1. Did you split the OTA antenna signal before the Tablo?
  2. Is your OTA antenna amplified?
  3. The Tablo has a 1x4 splitter in it which causes signal attenuation which can result in poor signal quality to cause pixelation and/or some channels not be detected. Just because it plays fine on an HDTV with its tuner is not reason for the Tablo tuner to be able to get the same signal strength.

I’ve been using HDTV (ATSC) tuners for several years and I’ve come to believe there’s sometimes more than just signal strength and clear reception at work here.

Remember this is new technology for broadcasters and in some cases they don’t even realize things in their stream which can wreak havoc on some tuners/equipment. Or, maybe they do?

Do a quick search of “broadcast flag” and you can see there’s a juicy opportunity for reception problems, if not intentional sabotage of HDTV reception.