Tablo logo appearing a minute or so after starting a playback

Kinda of a strange problem and may be a roku issue as I just noticed the same thing happening on the roku when playing back something in Plex. 

When you start a playback of a recording it starts fine then the full screen Tablo logo appears and the audio keeps going. If you press pause then play again the video comes back and keeps on playing without an issue.

The same thing just started with the Plex channel. A full screen Plex logo appears with the audio playing I the background.

Anyone else see this problem?

I have disabled the roku screensaver to see if it helps, it does not.

I started experiencing the same issue this week.
Pausing doesn’t always fix it, sometimes I have to exit and re-enter the program before it’s stable.

Do you use Plex as well? Is it happening in all your channels?

had the same logo twice tonight, roku3 also rebooted twice.

I did a factory reset and it seems to only do it with Tablo now. I haven’t had any reboots

I have had the same issue with one of my two Roku 3.  Mine has been with the playback of my Tablo recordings I haven’t had it happen with Plex. 

This exact thing started happening for me within the past week or so on my Roku Streaming Stick.  Like other users, it happens with playback of Tablo recordings.  Very frustrating.

Just to confirm with everyone - it sounds like this is all on the Roku, correct?

Is the Tablo displaying a ‘Loading, please wait’ message before it flashes to the logo? What version of the channel are you using? You can check this by tapping the * button on the Roku remote from the main Tablo menu.

So although I have never seen this on my tablo app. Last night i was watching HBO go and experienced this. While watching a movie it went into a loading/buffering screen and then flashed the HBO go icon. After looking up the status of the HBO go app I saw that it was down.

Could this be a symptom of the tablo app losing connection or having interference with the roku? I am running the roku stick as well.

This has not been happening on my Roku 3.

Mine has also been flawless in playing recordings, and we watch on average about 2-3 show per night.

Just to confirm with everyone - it sounds like this is all on the Roku, correct?

Is the Tablo displaying a ‘Loading, please wait’ message before it flashes to the logo? What version of the channel are you using? You can check this by tapping the * button on the Roku remote from the main Tablo menu.

For me this is only happening on the Roku, and it happens every day now.  I watched some shows using Google Chrome on a PC and it didn’t happen.

The “Loading, please wait” message does not display.  It just goes straight to the logo while the recorded show’s audio continues to play.  Sometimes the screen will go completely black before going to the logo.

Usually the video will go back to normal if I hit pause or the option button and then play again, but sometimes I have to stop the episode and resume, or exit the app completely and restart it.

I don’t have access to the Roku at the moment, but I believe it has the latest version.  The thumbnails are showing when I fast forward or reverse, which is a new feature.

@AndyW If you let the Roku ‘sit’ in this state, does it eventually return you to the main Roku channel menu? Or will it sit here indefinitely?

I tried and it will just sit there. There is no loading screen before just the logo pops up.

It may be a known issue with the 6.1 firmware of the Roku with certain types of video streams.

@AndyW If you let the Roku 'sit' in this state, does it eventually return you to the main Roku channel menu? Or will it sit here indefinitely?

If I do nothing and let it sit there, the audio for the entire episode will play with no video.  Only the Tablo logo appears on the screen.

I just checked the version of the channel:

Version: 1.13
Build 15

Here are the steps I use to reproduce the issue:

1. Turn on the TV and wait for the Roku Streaming Stick to load the main menu.
  2. Start the Tablo app.
  3. Go into Recordings and play an episode of a show.  It will start normally.
  4. Wait about a minute.  At that point the screen will go completely black, but the show’s audio will continue in the background.
  5. Press the * button.  The option menu comes up.  The screen may appear corrupted, with rectangular blocks of the menu showing mixed with parts of the video.
  6. Press * again, or the OK button.  After a few seconds, the Tablo logo screen will appear.  The episode audio will still continue to play.

NOTES:

• If I press the back arrow button and restart the episode, the video will play normally.
  • If I do nothing and let it sit there, the audio for the entire episode will play with no video.  Only the Tablo logo appears on the screen.
  • The only seems to happen once after starting the Roku.  After that, episodes play fine until the Roku is turned off and then on again.
@AndyW If you let the Roku 'sit' in this state, does it eventually return you to the main Roku channel menu? Or will it sit here indefinitely?

If I do nothing and let it sit there, the audio for the entire episode will play with no video.  Only the Tablo logo appears on the screen.

This actually happened to me last night for the first time on our roku… and like Andy if you let it sit the audio keeps playing.

+1

Roku 3 with latest firmware.  Playing a recording and then the Tablo logo appeared but audio still playing.  It kind of surprised me and I pushed a few buttons trying to see what was up and the logo disappeared and video returned.  Unfortunately, I can’t tell you what sequence of actions returned things to normal since I wasn’t thinking about it at the time.

Same issue here on my roku3, started the day I updated to .24 and happens about once a day on my tablo.

This has been happening prior to the Tablo firmware update, it coincided with Roku firmware update which was days prior.