Tablo Hanging Freezing on Live TV or Recorded playback

Hi

I purchased a used / refurbished device directly from you on your site a few months ago and now it is hanging / freezing when watching live TV or recorded content.
I noticed it was extremely hot so I turned it on the side and put a small fan to cold it.

It has been intermittently hanging or freezing since I got it but not is happening almost 90% of the time. I used to press the Apple TV menu button on the remote then back to Live or recorded content and would start.

But still hangs. My wife is really pissed off at my and making my life miserable.

I am using an Apple TV device running the latest app store version that is directly wired to a hard wore Ethernet network.

I am paid life time subscription user for the TV guide.

Overall I like the product be with all this hanging and freezing I am losing patience.

Do you think that because I bought it refurbished that the device is bad and defective?

Please help, as my life is not good because wife is mad at me for changing from DirectTV and calling me cheap.

Thanks in big trouble!

Hi

I purchased a used / refurbished device directly from you on your site a few months ago and now it is hanging / freezing when watching live TV or recorded content.
I noticed it was extremely hot so I turned it on the side and put a small fan to cold it.

It has been intermittently hanging or freezing since I got it but not is happening almost 90% of the time. I used to press the Apple TV menu button on the remote then back to Live or recorded content and would start.

But still hangs. My wife is really pissed off at my and making my life miserable. Scandal her favorite TV was on last night the she hit the fan with all the interruptions.

I am using an Apple TV device running the latest app store version that is directly wired to a hard wore Ethernet network.

I am paid life time subscription user for the TV guide.

Overall I like the product be with all this hanging and freezing I am losing patience.

Do you think that because I bought it refurbished that the device is bad and defective?

Please help, as my life is not good because wife is mad at me for changing from DirectTV and calling me cheap.

Thanks in big trouble.

PS I am cheap but would not be opposed to returning the refurbished unit and pay full price for a new unit, just need wife off may back.

Hey there - I can see that you’ve got a ticket with us right now. Our support team is just drafting up a response for you!

I think it got too hot, it was very hot and I put a fan on it, but still hanging and freezing.

No, there is problem like that with New Units. I got one that I purchased Brand New and it was over heating and I thing by the time I put a fan it was too late. So I returned for replacement and the second unit even had fan from start but start doing the same as first unit after few days. Loosing connection, Freezing and turning itself off. (No Blue Light). So I returned it and said goodbye to Tablo and hello to Tivo.

I’m here just to let new users know how much problem the Tablo has. Read others reviews you will see. And maybe give them a chance to go other direction.