Tablo Exporter - Export Tablo Recordings

Give me an example, like a screen shot. I might just add the airdate when the rest do not exist. Do the Part 1/Part 2 show any place on the Tablo?

No problem. I’ll screen shot a few examples…

In the first example, you have multiple episodes that are part of the same series. No part information is included. Reviewing the videos, only 2 of these 5 are actually duplicates.

The next example has only the channel and call station information. This happens frequently. I’m not sure if it is an issue with the broadcaster or the Tablo guide info.

In both scenarios unless I export one file at a time and rename, they will overwrite.

I should add that if I only had a few to export then it would still be functional. Most of the recordings I’m looking to export are in large number.

Sadly, I do not have that show so if you can do me a favor and export via comand line and you will see something like this:

http://192.168.1.76:18080/pvr/312558/pl/playlist.m3u8 - Ed Sheeran — Live at Wembley Stadium.mp4 - OS Mac OS X

Can you take the http:// portion http://192.168.1.76:18080/pvr/312558 like that and get the meta.txt file and PM me that?

That will help me determine what I can use.

Hi Jestep,

Back in June you fixed a problem I had with exporting multiple episodes of the same program that were overwriting each other. This was because I do not have the Guide and the manual recordings do not save the episode info. You were able to modify your prograam so that it saved each file with the Series title and Air Date so each file was uniquely named.

This worked great but I just downloaded the latest version of the Exporter and it is back to overwriting the files and only creating the file with the Series title. Any idea why this is no longer working?

Thanks!

That was specific to manual recording, yes I will fix that, sorry about that :frowning:

Wait a second, are you trying to do Plex Naming??

It doesn’t matter if I select Yes or No for the Plex naming option, I get the same result. I can understand why it wouldn’t work for Plex naming since there is no season/episode info.

Well also for plex naming there was no airdate used.

But without the airdate should still be in the file name. But I am testing and will update as needed

Ok, uploaded the fix for the manual recording… Of course only for Non Plex naming :stuck_out_tongue:

Just downloaded the fix & tried it. Works great!

Thanks!

1 Like

No problem. I also fixed it to work in Plex Naming in the next version, just wanted to cover all the bases.

JeStep,

I love this app. Thanks very much for creating it. I’m having a problem with exporting an episode of a show. I select it, click Export Video, it shows up in the queue, the status changes to Queued and then immediately changes to failed and the progress bar becomes red with 100% within. The episode plays properly from the Tablo. My ffmpeg version is ffmpeg-20150615-git-5b0f55a-win64-static. All other episodes of the show export properly. All were recorded from PBS.

Thoughts?

You probably did not get the correct ffmpeg, or did not unzip the file :wink: The .7z file is zipped using 7zip, which you can get here http://www.7-zip.org/

It should be a ffmpeg.exe for windows :wink:

I’ll download a new copy and unzip it again. Just to clarify - would you expect this to happen on a single episode? I’ve not had trouble exporting anything else. Incidentally, I upgrade to Win10 a couple of weeks ago. I suspect it’s unrelated but…

Oh - I see what you mean. I just gave you the folder version. I did unzip the files.

I downloaded the latest version - ffmpeg-20150901-git-b54e03c-win64-static. Still fails.

Ok, so what does the UI look like ? Can you PM me a image? Also include the Image of the show.

Then also run via the command line java -jar (path to TabloExport.jar)\TabloExport.jar

Try and export the same show

Then let me know if you see any errors

@Jestep thanks for the app! How do you discover the Tablo units? My display remains blank (can’t find Tablo), yet tablo pings OK from other machines. My tablo gets its IP from dhcp, with the assigned DNS name of tablo (duh). BTW, are the sources of your app available? Nice piece of sw if I can get it to discover my Tablo :slight_smile: