Tablo Exporter - Export Tablo Recordings

The download link (above) doesn’t work and the old link seems to have the same version. The sort by date function does not work after downloading again.

Ahh dang it, stupid copy and paste adds some numbers at the end of the links :frowning:

Fixed it

The app also has a problem sorting episodes. The episodes are sorted alphabetically instead of numerically. For example, I have episodes 10 through 19 sorted between episode 1 and 2 instead of appearing after episode 9.

Thanks for creating this app.

It’s because it is text sorted not numeric,

That’s what I thought.

I also have a TV program that the app can’t extract. It plays fine on the Tablo.

Could it be a problem with the metadata?

Yes it could be, try running via command line java -jar pathtoTabloExport.jar

Se if there are any errors

Also what show?

Okay, I don’t get any errors running from the command line.

The TV program title is “The Story of Frozen: Making a Disney Animated Classic” that was broadcast last December.

Ok, when you run it via the command line you should see an http:// string that gets printed out. with meta.txt at the end. Put that in a browser and send the output to me via PM

So first time trying this and it is looking good so far.
I love the fact you can Queue up multiple programs to convert as this will really be a great way to free up some space on my drive.

I just updated my version of Java and ran things straight from the icon.
A little confused at first about the ffmpeg file but figured it out.
Looking through the thread to try and discover any quirks or things that I might need to be aware of but this looks very promising.
Thanks for providing this resource as I have been using the VLC extension in the past.

UPDATE: Quick question.
I am transferring the recording to my office computer and my wife is trying to watch on the Roku and it seems very slow when pulling the Live TV information down. Just wondering if this application impacts bandwidth of the Tablo?

Best regards,
Simeon

If you were exporting multiple shows it probably would have an affect. Maybe even a single show. I would suggest any exporting be done off time.

THANKS!

First I would like to thank all those that have taken the time to create software and scripts that enable us to offload videos from our Tablo’s.

IMHO, Each of the different applications have greatly impressed me (I have tried them all) and each seems to offer features that I feel Tablo should have included in it’s own software/interface.

As for the Tablo Exporter:

I like the addition of a GUI interface to simplify the offloading process.

I was wondering if there is any ability to also download the closed captions that Tablo records (like the other apps/scripts)?

General:

Then a question to all regarding the apps that do let us download the CC. I notice that VLC lets me view these, but am unable to get Windows Media Player to show them, regardless of the settings. Any way to do this? Also how would I view the offloaded videos on my Roku with the CC enabled?

Currently I use either Playon (yea I know a flawed program) or Plex (and afraid I have issues with my Plex server not quite working right - one day I may actually figure out why).

Thx again!

Bump

I have found no way to do it via ffmpeg reliably, so the short answer is not gonna happen. But, that does not mean I rule it out in the future.

Thanks for all the work. I installed the latest java. I put the latest ffmpeg, and exporter into a folder in Windows 7. Exporter runs fine, sees the Tablo and all the recorded programs. However, when exporting, while the folders for the episode selected are created in the selected folder, the mp4 is missing. I don’t believe it is actually exporting correctly due to the queue progress going to 100% almost immediately. Any ideas?

Please provide information about the recording you are having problems with. The naming, etc.

1 Like

I have tried this on multiple episodes with no luck. Here is what is shown. For instance, one episode is named “Black Sheep Squadron - Anyone for Suicide? - Air Date 2015/0712 7;00 PM” I assume that the exporter does the naming and I just point to the folder where it is to be saved. I ha

You have a zipped ffmpeg. You need to go back to the ffmpeg site and download the Windows compiled versions from here
http://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/

And you have to unzip the files.

Your ffmpeg file should be a .exe you’re pointing the exporter to.

1 Like