Tablo Exporter - Export Tablo Recordings

I’m trying this out today for the first time, and while it looks like it’s finding my Tablo there are no recordings listed under it when I double-click. My tablo has been flaky lately (working with support) which is part of the reason I’m trying to export the content. Could be that flakiness is also causing issues with whatever API you’re using, but the HTML5 app seems to be getting content okay.

Any thoughts on what to check?

Seems you do not have the latest Java from that error. What version do you have?

I have the latest Oracle 7 and 6. Just updated this morning.

Run it from the command line and see if there are any errors: java -jar (path to TabloExport.jar)TabloExport.jar

Here it is…

john-zanettos@John-desktop:~$ java -jar /home/john-zanettos/TabloExport/TabloExport.jar
Exception in thread “main” java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: tabloexport/TabloExport : Unsupported major.minor version 52.0
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(ClassLoader.java:631)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:615)
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:141)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:283)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader.java:58)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:197)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247)
Could not find the main class: tabloexport.TabloExport. Program will exit.

Sorry, Java 8 is actually the latest

Same error as John Z:
Exception in thread “main” java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: tabloexport/TabloExport : Unsupported major.minor version 52.0
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(ClassLoader.java:637)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:621)
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:141)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:283)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader.java:58)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:197)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247)

I installed the latest Java update this morning.

It works now! Java 8 was the issue.

1 Like

Wow! Awesome! It works great! Great Job, I love it!

1 Like

java -version ???

Java 8 is actually the latest java

Jestep - Your program works great and is very intuitive. I was able to set it up without a problem. Thanks for your good work. It is appreciated.

1 Like

Finally got to trying out your program Jestep. You have obviously put a bunch of work into it, Kudos! Still testing, but so far it works fine and I can see Tablo Exporter will work for me, and quite well I believe. I still have hurtles to jump, but at least there is a reasonable (even if not perfect) pathway to moving my Tablo content to my PLEX server.

There are a couple of things that would make an easier (and quicker) time of it and these may already be there to use, so I will ask.

For me to use MCEBuddy most efficiently, RAW TS files are the best. I am wondering if there is anyway to get those TS segments merged without any alterations into a single ts file? This would allow MCEBuddy to work much faster by using Comskip to remove commercial content much faster. I can then use TSMuxer to finish the conversion process into an m2ts file for PLEX.

I have 3 sets of content I need to process. 2 of these are on physical hard disk which can be connected to the Tablo, and 1 is on my RAID server. Swapping out between the 2 physical hard disks isn’t a huge problem, but having to copy from the RAID back to a physical hard disk is a bit harder. I will do this obviously if necessary, but it occurs to me they may be a simple way to access across the network to the RAID with Tablo Exporter. If there is, that would come in very handy for me, and quite possibly for other for one reason or another.

Anyway, just the way it is now, I do believe your efforts to make Tablo Exporter will work well for me. I really do appreciate what you have accomplished and available to all of us.

Thanks alot.

-Rodger

Very useful! I wonder if it would be difficult to add an option for the shows in the list to appear in order of the time it was recorded, so it would be quicker to see the latest recordings.

Hey guys, added the ability to export to a single .TS file

Ok version 0.03b is updated and available at http://jettsoft.com/products.html

Don’t forget to get the latest version of ffmpeg at https://www.ffmpeg.org/download.html

Also make sure you have the latest Java from http://www.java.com/en/

This version includes ability to export to a single .TS file. I am still looking into the sorting, which may be more difficult since it it is a single line value, but I have not given up.

Extract the zip file into a directory of your choosing.

You can run by double clicking on TabloExport.jar or run from a command line using java -jar (dir you put the jar)TabloExport.jar

Let me know if you have any issues or questions

This version errors out & will not open for me on my iMac

Thanks Jestep.

Is the TS file the raw video and audio from the Tablo? Or is it re-encoding the video and just putting it in a TS file?

@Jestep Will not open for me on my Mac either.

“6/20/15 8:47:27.799 PM Console[770]: Failed to connect (_consoleX) outlet from (NSApplication) to (ConsoleX): missing setter or instance variable”

Any time you are pulling from the Tablo and putting into a new format it is basically re-encoding, even if it really isn’t :wink:

Just uploaded a new version, there was a bug. Just surprised I did not see that

Boo - but thanks for explaining.

1 Like