Tablo Exporter - Export Tablo Recordings

Is there an easy way to remove commercials?

I assume you meant would not start, do me a favor and remove the TabloExport.json from the folder and try again. I am guessing it has something to do with the new features in the d release that is incompatible with some of that data. Let me know if that works.

You would have to use a third party product like comskip

1 Like

Yes I meant it would not start. I deleted tabloexport.properties and tried version 0.02d. It seems to work (tried one recorded show with the MP4 fileformat). Thanks!

SurLaTablo has a couple of commercial removing algorithms… but both have flaws… plan is to implement a commercial skipping “assist” in version 2.

Would this work with the files that are active on the DVR or after they have been offloaded to a PC or Mac?

You can’t change the files on the Tablo and I doubt they would ever allow something like that.

Would be awesome if they did to save HD space. It would be a killer feature.

Well, they are going to do exporting at some point, but I don’t think it was fast enough for some of us :wink:

But I doubt they will will put commercial skipping in to those saved exports.

Love what you’ve done! I was telling a friend about the exporter today. Yeah, they move at a snails pace but it has potential.

1 Like

I actually prefer Sublr to MetaX or MetaZ https://bitbucket.org/galad87/subler

I just tried exporting 2 episodes at once. Question for you: why does it export both episodes at the same time?

If it’s a queue, should it not do the first episode, and then the next one that I added after the first one is complete?

Thanks for this fun utility!

It is currently set to export 2 at a time at the most. I found the CPU usage to be low enough to do so. Anything past that is queued until on of the first 2 complete.

@Jestep I have been exporting the last 2 NBA Finals games. I am editing out the commercials in Quicktime or Adobe Premiere. I am noticing that there are audio sync issues on long files. Any idea of what’s going on? Anyone else have a better program to edit out commercials on Mac OS X? I am wondering if the OTA signal drops out maybe the sync gets messed up?

Also, the volume is low on the recordings (an issue a lot of people mention on here that is probably a default setting). I can adjust in Adobe Premiere but don’t know how to raise it in Quicktime. Is there an easy way to automatically adjust a few db during export or any other workarounds?

THANKS for all of your work on this. It’s awesome when I was able to watch the game at gym this morning on my iPad!

As far as the sync, it would be ffmpeg if there is an issue there. As for the volume, yea a lot of people have said this and I do notice I have to turn my TV up much louder I will take a look at that.

So is there anything I can do regarding the sync? How often is ffmpeg updated?

I was watching my game on my iPad and had my volume maxed out on the iPad and and realized that we need it louder because I was at the limit of my iPad and wireless bluetooth headphones. A few more .db would really help. :flushed:

You can update ffmpeg anytime you want. I think they are pretty quick about releasing new versions for bug fixes. Is the sync off after export or after you remove commercials?

Yes. It is even out of sync in Adobe Premiere before any editing. This happens towards the end of the capture, is fine at the beginning. But in Quicktime, it is still in Sync (before editing). Really odd.

That is strange

Can you test this one?

http://jettsoft.com/test/tabloexporter.zip

Has increase volume