Tablo Exporter - Export Tablo Recordings

@gradman2k3 that is the plan to support other formats, just haven’t got to it yet.

@philsoft if you can get to a command prompt then change directory (cd) to where you saved the exporter. And then run the command: java -jar TabloExport.jar

Then try and export one file with the issue. You should see the URL in the cmd window. Once you get that let me know and we can go from there.

Here, let me show you this way. I think the problem comes when there is no episode information in the guide. When that happens all files are named episode 0 It seems like when episode information is not available it should assign numbers.

EDIT: I should add that I can still send screenshots of the DOS window and the Exporter window, but they don’t show episode information anyway.

@philsoft hmmm, I took out naming of a 0 episode number a while back. So it is interesting you are seeing that, but yes that is what I thought.

I will need to fix that, but it may take a while as I am not at home for a month. I am looking at doing it where I am, but I want to make sure I don’t lose anything I may have been working on.

So the reason I wanted you to run from the command line is it will help me give you the URL to get the exact information on the show so I can validate. But I can record dateline myself and look now.

@philsoft actually, are you using the latest version???

The version should show up in the bottom right of the main screen

I don’t see a version number there. I downloaded it when you first posted about it.

Oh things have changed quite a bit since then. It now has a queue and might take care of that issue for you.

However, you have to download ffmpeg and include the path to the exe.

So, you need to download ffmpeg for your OS from here: https://www.ffmpeg.org/download.html

And then download the Tablo Exporter from: http://jettsoft.com/products.html

Point your ffmpeg file to the executable for your OS, point to the output directory

Double click on the Tablo to load the Tablo data. Select the show to export, click export

Thank you, I will try all of that.

1 Like

@Jestep - Thank you so much for this, I just used it for the first time to export the wife’s remaining recordings from the tablo, as we are switching to the Tivo Roamio OTA I just picked up for $300 with lifetime and a built in HD! Had it not been for you creating this I would have had to leave the tablo up and running just for her to until she watched all her recordings, which may have taken months. Now I can put my tablo on ebay tomorrow instead of months down the road! Thanks again buddy!

@Sleeper

Please post that eBay link when it goes live.

Thanks!

This is awesome. Thank you! If it could save with Plex compatable season and episode format I’d gladly make a donation, and I’m sure others would too! This functionality has been on the Tablo “to do” list now since last summer. I’d sure love to see that short-term list, Tablo.

1 Like

Great stuff! Super simple to download and get going on a Mac. Output PQ looks great.

Now I’ll just download from my Tablo before my next flight :smile:

1 Like

That is an interesting ask. But I think this would require different naming scheme for Plex than for saving for others. Maybe a vote is needed :wink:
I like the current naming because it is easy to read, but I see your point for plex.

1 Like

For what its worth there are a LOT of PLEX users here… failing doing names in plex compatible format there is a nice multi platform tool called FileBot which can rename files… but it would be a lot easier if the tablo exporter tool just did it by default. (or atleast had an optional preference checkbox one could select to use plex naming style)

2 Likes

+1 for Plex naming - thanks!

1 Like

Most of my Tablo viewings is via the new Roku client. However, my travel companion is my iPad using Plex Sync. Having Tablo recordings in Plex Sync is my main impetus for requesting the Plex naming convention.

Ok, guys once I get home I will add the function to export via plex naming… But that will be a few weeks

So here is the downside to Plex naming. As an example that will not conform:

A.D. The Bible Continues has no Episode # in Tablo Data. However in the Plex standard and if you look at TheTVDB.com each episode has a number. So not quite sure how I could do this unless I use thetvdb.com to do the naming. And that would require some major work to make sure I am getting the right data. Now I am not opposed to some work, but it may cause lots of issues trying to do this.

Now having said that, I have a question for @TabloTV about the info for this show. seasonNumber and episodeNumber shows as 0, but in thetvdb.com, tvguide and tv.com it shows a valid season and episode number. Could this be a guide data issue with your provider??

Hrm… Could be.

Mine’s actually showing the series synopsis in Spanish which is super helpful. Will bring this to the attention to the team.

LOL, no comprendo?

Not so much. I’ve studied several languages but the extent of my Spanish is, “Dos margaritas por favor.” :cocktail:

2 Likes