Tablo Exits out Randomly Watching Recorded Show - Roku

I don’t want to go back in time. If you came from cable, dish, etc you had no antenna. Everything processed through the box. Guide, recordings, TV. I want to keep it that way. Like Daniel454 stated, I want the ability to pause, rewind, play. If you can’t do that, it’s just a Scheduled Recorder/Playback. In my mind, it’s just not there yet. This will be a nice hobby to keep around and check progress from time to time, but I want something that works now before I cut the cord which is in 2 months. I gave myself plenty of time to find the right product, I’m afraid I’m going to have to go with the TiVo route.

The following is meant for humor, and very little useful information from me…

Psst… that big satellite looking dish on the roof is an antenna.

Psst… It’s me again.
Don’t tell anyone, but TiVo uses an antenna, too.

Yeah but it doesn’t connect directly to your TV. :wink:

I’m tired man. I’ve been up all night dealing with drive failures on our SQL Servers (work).

Lemme guess.
Seagate Cheetah 15K RPM SAS drives…

On my main production server…
2 out of 4 died, 1 within days of the other.
First, the system drive died, and then, shortly after, the backups drive died.
The production and data warehouse dbs were on different drives.
Thank goodness.

I had 2 fail on 2different servers, and 2 in predicted failure on one of those.

Then watch the recording while it is recording. OTA is a live stream catch while you can. Some sat dish (and maybe cable) (yes, a sat dish is an antenna) are offerings recording a program that aired three days ago. That is from the files at the sat dish provider not stored on your local equipment. If they are going back three days on all channels they are using a huge amount of storage to do that.

Hi trying to get the focus back on the problem as CJcox described we are talking about 2 different issues. The one that we need help with is as the thread described Tablo drops you Randomly while you are watching a RECORDED Show. Thank you all for your help.

Agreed. This evening I could not get thru the Network news. Probably close to 60 drops back to “watch … delete” then OK and resume. Gave up and came back 30 minutes later and went through the program without a problem. It is pretty clear that it is a Roku 3 problem. Do others have this problem?

The good news is they found a way to just tune a channel when watching on Roku. It’s being tested now…just not sure of when they plan to release it as public.

But I had the problem that this thread refers to happen even before the Roku update. For me though it’s not consistent, just frustrating.

Yes indeed, I have this problem and am convinced it is a Roku problem. I have the Roku 3, on 7.1 something, and this 7.1 update is pretty naff.

I have seen this problem both while watching recordings and live. I have watched some 60 minute shows without a problem and sometimes with 3-4 interruptions. I once replayed a recording that had multiple interruptions and had no interruptions the second time…

And for everyone who says it’s very annoying, you are spot on!

I’m tired of Tablo always something wrong with this stupid thing. I told support I still cant get fox channel after after telling them two months ago even though it works when I change to view on regular antenna. Time to get Tivo and leave this piece of junk behind!.

Before 7.1 you could tune to a channel (and it stay ) by pressing the play button on the Roku remote rather than using “ok”…

I don’t want to record everything and I can’t predict when I may be interrupted while watching live Tv.

Just to clarify, I have no need to only watch items that are set to record, I have no need to run an antenna directly to the TV.

I am very happy with live tv over Tablo (when it works as Tablo has designed it to). I have been for over a year now.

The problem I am having doesn’t justify a work around, it just needs Roku to fix what THEY broke.

Yes, I have this problem. Random returns to the “Watch/Delete” screen. Happens multiple times per hour. Sometimes the show is being recorded (and watched live), sometimes it’s not. Patience with the Tablo in the household is running thin at this point.

For the first time I’m not one having the issue with Tablo/Roku. I’ll check versions tonight to make sure I am on the latest release.

We exclusively use the OK button to play recordings, are any of you who experience this using the play button? I know it sounds crazy that the button used to start a recording could be the cause, but this combination of devices has had weird stuff happen in the year and half I’ve owned it.

I think I have found a solution. At least for me. I went to the Roku support site to let the know of our discussion here. There was a note that many display problems can be solved by resetting Roku. Pull the power cord out of the Roku for about two seconds then plug back in. I did that to my Roku 3 late last night. I then watched a 30 minute recorded program and there were no problems. This afternoon I have watched 4 thirty minute recorded programs. No problem. It appears that I am OK now. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

@sowdman

I was just about to post this same solution…

Didn’t see it on the ROKU site, just did a trial and error fix.

Restarting my ROKU 4, solved this problem.

The bouncing out of a recorded show to the guide, happened several days ago, hasn’t happened since.

Chas

its a temporary fix, at least for me on my main Roku 4…

I have had to reboot it every 2-3 days due to a bug 7.1 introduced for Netflix. Just like that bug, the Tablo bug comes back as well…

The reboot does seem to help for a while though.

So… reboot the Roku. Conclusion, family says the problem is worse than ever. My daughter has given up entirely on the Tablo which bounced her out no fewer than 7 times this evening watching DWTS. Sometimes you could resume and it would remember, but most of the time it would go back to the beginning of the show. She has requested a pull using SurLaTablo to the Plex… Plex isn’t giving us any problems. Tablo? Hello? I think this problem needs to be looked at seriously. I know it’s easy to blame Roku… and they might be to blame, but the thing is, I believe that nobody knows and so neither party is actively working towards a fix. Like I said, Plex on Roku isn’t showing any signs of problems…

Fix? Needs to at least be acknowledged… but patience is wearing quite thin. This could lead to the end of Tablo at least for us. Come on folks!!!